Fishninja's JBJ 45 Gallon

EriksOasis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just added some chaeto to the second chamber to increase a pod population for my mandarin curious to see how it works out for you and I'll see what it does for me and keep you informed.

OP
OP
Fishninja

Fishninja

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got three new corals. Purple tip elegance, another acan, and a green goniapora. I have started using Kalk in my ato as well.
b9f9a89937b6d8b3857bc5e27d2566d7.jpg

cesar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tagging along. I'm on the real early stages of planning a JBJ 45g tank myself. I just took down a JBJ 28g tank approximately 2 months ago and I'm starting from new. I'm looking into these threads to give me an idea. My main concern with this tank is the light. I don't know what to use for this tank. I was thinking of a kessil or an AI but the size is different than that 28 I was running. Any advice?

EriksOasis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm running a Aqua illumination prime hd and it's more than enough light for the tank and I really like it. Getting awesome growth as well

IMG_1684.JPG

HeulittSalmi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got three new corals. Purple tip elegance, another acan, and a green goniapora. I have started using Kalk in my ato as well.
b9f9a89937b6d8b3857bc5e27d2566d7.jpg

Lets hope your elegance does better than mine.. I had tot take mine out today because of how bad it was getting. After two weeks it just started receding like crazy, would hardly eat, then started losing flesh. Everything else in the tank is doing great.

OP
OP
Fishninja

Fishninja

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fingers crossed so far so good! The tank hasn't had power for three days but it is doing fine thanks to the generator, and frozen water bottles! I am praying the house gets power back soon because the house is 83.

HeulittSalmi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fingers crossed so far so good! The tank hasn't had power for three days but it is doing fine thanks to the generator, and frozen water bottles! I am praying the house gets power back soon because the house is 83.
I went on vacation back in June and my AC broke, take water was 92 when I got home and the house was 96. Lost about everything in the tank except a few shrooms. However, i do have a duncan that I put in my new tank after I thought it was dead just to see if it had any life left and boy oh boy its coming back. Its crazy. But I do wish the best of luck to you. Here in Arizona we can have a huge storm knock out the power and itll be up surprisingly fast, but the moment power is knocked out due to a motor accident or literally anything else, itll be out for at least a day.

OP
OP
Fishninja

Fishninja

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Post hurricane Irma Fts.
55a95a9888b589dadd40e98610f18696.jpg

Before the tang police gets me he is only an inch and a half long and is not a permanent resident of the tank.

At this point I am pretty confident that the fuge is a fail due to the nuisance algae that is growing all over the place in the back of the tank.

HeulittSalmi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Post hurricane Irma Fts.
55a95a9888b589dadd40e98610f18696.jpg

Before the tang police gets me he is only an inch and a half long and is not a permanent resident of the tank.

At this point I am pretty confident that the fuge is a fail due to the nuisance algae that is growing all over the place in the back of the tank.
I am having the same issue, light is spilling over and I dont think I have enough water moving through the back of the tank and algae is growing like crazy back there

OP
OP
Fishninja

Fishninja

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep same issues. I have been considering using a Santa Monica hang on or drop algae scrubber, however I don't see a lot of people using those models. Also thought about trying to use the space for rock rubble or some type of biological media. Any ideas?

Whisnantrider

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep same issues. I have been considering using a Santa Monica hang on or drop algae scrubber, however I don't see a lot of people using those models. Also thought about trying to use the space for rock rubble or some type of biological media. Any ideas?

I have been running the pond matrix in my tank since I started it in May I think. I can’t say it’s the best thing ever but I can say this tank has exceeded my expectations and seems very stable. Now that I have the intank media basket I’m going to add another container because I just can’t see it hurting and I have more than enough space in the basket now.

EriksOasis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since adding matrix a mp40 my algae growth has stopped and is going away.

Whisnantrider

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The thing I like most about the matrix is I can just pull the media basket out after a water change and give it a couple of good shakes in the bucket of the old water to rinse any build up out of it. Then just toss the whole thing back in the tank good to go.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 126 59.2%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 62 29.1%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 76 35.7%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 36 16.9%
  • Other

Votes: 63 29.6%
Back