OP
OP
Fishninja

Fishninja

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven’t tried to shake or clean off the marine pure but I can definitely see it breaking down from doing that. I just ordered 1 gallon of matrix to add to the back of the tank in addition to the marine pure spheres I already have.

OP
OP
Fishninja

Fishninja

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I changed the light to an Ai hydra 26 hd and it honestly was not that different as the ocean revive t247 although i don’t have a par meter to really dial it in. One difference i have noticed is my pink monti cap is coloring up a little more. Elegance coral melted away after a month and i am battling bubble algae, but everything else is doing great! I will get some more pictures up soon

Bob Escher

Welcome to Saltwater
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did the Triton test and discovered I had high amounts of aluminum in the system I read here in different places that Marine Pur had lots of aluminum in it ( I had three blocks in the back plus balls in my sump
I removed the blocks and a little of the balls added more rock ( frag rock ) in the back and everything is OK now

OP
OP
Fishninja

Fishninja

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am going to slowly transition the tank to bare bottom. Tired of the wrasse covering everything in sand so he will be limited to a little container hidden in the back eventually.
0866244f8a84caa0b684790b4c51cfc3.jpg

Also here is the settings i am running on the tank. Any suggestions as i dont have a par meter
9668a52e3ad9906100b91798b42d50e9.png

OP
OP
Fishninja

Fishninja

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today i visited World Wide Corals and picked up a green millepora and scarface zoanthids. The store was awesome!

thaitopher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lets hope your elegance does better than mine.. I had tot take mine out today because of how bad it was getting. After two weeks it just started receding like crazy, would hardly eat, then started losing flesh. Everything else in the tank is doing great.

How is your tang doing? I have the exact same tank and have avoided buying a tang because I thought the rank was too small.

HeulittSalmi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How is your tang doing? I have the exact same tank and have avoided buying a tang because I thought the rank was too small.
I dont, and havent ever owned a Tang, I think a Tang in a JBJ 30 with rock work is a bad idea lol, the display is maybe about 25 - 27 gallons and after rock and sand mine is personally 19-21 gallons. Just too small IMO

thaitopher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont, and havent ever owned a Tang, I think a Tang in a JBJ 30 with rock work is a bad idea lol, the display is maybe about 25 - 27 gallons and after rock and sand mine is personally 19-21 gallons. Just too small IMO
First of all, it was a 45 gallon. Second, the tang was a juvenile and him staying in the tank was only temporary. All of this is stated in the thread.

SeaWorthyKC

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see you changed you light to the hydra twentysix hd from the ocean revive are you happy you did or think you should have kept the
ocean revive? I'm looking to do the same

OP
OP
Fishninja

Fishninja

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really love the controllability of the light, however at the end of the day i haven’t noticed any huge difference in coral growth or coloration.

SeaWorthyKC

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really love the controllability of the light, however at the end of the day i haven’t noticed any huge difference in coral growth or coloration.
But you do feel its equal to the ocean revive the only reason why I'm switching it is because I want to use the my ocean Revive on a different tank so I figured might as well upgrade this tank even if it's not really an upgrade other than controllability

OP
OP
Fishninja

Fishninja

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I contacted Tunze and they sent me a new pump and controller in less than a week! I am always happy when a company backs up their products with great customer service. I will definitely buy from them in the future!

OP
OP
Fishninja

Fishninja

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Long overdue update. The biggest changes have been that all of my euphylia died one after the other without any sign of why. I suspect it was brown jelly because no other corals in the tank were unhappy although i saw no signs of the disease. The front portion of the tank is pretty much bare bottom at this point and i think it is a much better look. More in depth updates to come in the future!
e77d9b1e92ce18b57133547981029e0d.jpg
b4ccec7643ddbf0cfcca7689e8fb1b17.jpg
63dca49d8b02f83bf1edcb4068f7d363.jpg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 19.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back