• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Fishy Business...Won't buy from again

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

hatfielj

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am posting this to warn others about what I see as an overly strict and distrustful DOA policy. I have bought from dozens of different vendors over the years and never has one been so distrustful of it's customers. I sent a video of dead invertebrates, still in the bag within an hour of receiving them. They wanted me to acclimate them and send them another video. So, I did. For the video, I placed them back in an open bag to show them floating around dead in the water. However, since I didn't have the animals placed on a white background out of the bag in the second video, they are not willing to refund me for the DOA. I threw them away (because they were rotting) before they bothered to tell me this so I was unable to provide a video with a white background.

It's not a lot of money and frankly, I can easily take a hit like that. But, it's the fact that they are making me jump through hoops to get a simple DOA fixed. That's the kind of customer service I avoid. Unfortunately for them, they lost a customer.

Buyers beware. If you get a DOA from them, it's unlikely they will take care of you. For what it's worth, the invertebrates they sent me were sent in very small bags of water (5 urchins and a sea hare) and none of them survived, even the ones that weren't immediately DOA, died within a couple of hours of acclimation. And yes, I know how to acclimate sensitive animals. I've been in this hobby for 13 years.

AquaLocker

AquaLocker.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have reached out to you via email and I believe have resolved your issue. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you and our apologies for the delayed response and issues.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 31.9%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 25.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 17 18.7%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 24.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back