Fishy DREAMS! What's the fish of your dreams?

Do you think you will ever own your dream fish?

• YES one way or another

Votes: 232 55.1%
  • YES only if I hit the lottery

Votes: 54 12.8%
  • NO

Votes: 63 15.0%
  • Not sure

Votes: 58 13.8%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 14 3.3%

• Total voters

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have always wanted a red tail flasher wrasse but haven't seen them for sale in a long time.
1610656849433.png

Would also love to keep a Choati Leopard wrasse but I won't even try due to their poor survival rate.
1610657156439.png

Lemon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
pair blonde naso tang and genicanthus angels maybe if I got a 600+ gallon tank

McPuff

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Grey Angelfish, and not one, but a pair...such a big beautiful fish imo, love seeing them on the Caribbean reefs while diving. I'm gonna need a serious size upgrade to make this happen though lol...lottery win is a must!
98b77f4067fd96411fbefe4931747226.jpg
You're not kidding. These guys and French angels get massive. Amazing to dive with them and see how big they really get!! A couple of my favorites!
i already have a 2000 gallon pond built i just need to cycle it for a year and a pair of bluespotted ribbion tail rays are mine
really want to see pics of this!!

For me, it would be the conspicuous angel. Perhaps in a few years when the price tag comes down under $1k but for now it'll stay a dream. A previous dream fish for me (decades ago) was a blueface angel and now I've got a beautiful one that I have had since it was a small juvenile.

AquaLifeStudio

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. Moorish Idol
2. Achilles Tang
3. Leopard Wrasse
4. Black Leopard Wrasse
5. Bluestar Leopard Wrasse.
6. Gem Tang

1, 2 and 3 are already in our display tank and thriving while 4 and 5 are thus far surviving copper in our QT system. 6 is a possible addition for the near future since we graduated one for a client through our QT system.

I like the expert level fish, very rewarding.

runcis

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
a pair of tank-bred Janss pipefish (doryrhamphus janssi) who'd stay with me for at least 10 years ...
and I've got already my dream invertebrate, Manao the porcelain anemone crab ;Happy

SurgeonFish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We all have those fish that we would love to have in our reef tank and for one reason or another we don't have one. Maybe it would eat all your coral or maybe the price tag is too high! Whatever the reason is this "fish" has become the fish of your dreams. Let's talk about it today and why you can't have one!

1. What is the fish of your dreams?

2. What are the reasons you can't have your dream fish?

image via @reddo-tan
5IuAkjc.jpg

I would love a reef crest 300+ gallon that could support a small school of a Achilles tangs.

lots of time and money are stoping me.

Treefer32

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I own one now, I never knew it'd be a dream fish. But, I got a great deal on a baby Black long nose Tang. It was around the size of a dime for $150. I thought I was throwing $150 away, but knew the fish was a highly sought after fish. So, I went for it. 7 years later, it has survived a lot of stuff, it's a model citizen and sells for $2k on LA. So, I'm happy with him. He's an awesome tang. I wish more Tangs were like him. :)

Dark_Knightt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would love a six line wrasse but I have a very peaceful 55g and have heard nothing but horror stories unless they're kept in very large tanks. This is my first tank so whenever I upgrade to the dream tank I'll shoot for the dream fish to go in it.
? Six line wrasse? Ive seen people keep them in 13.5g with clowns and no issues.

Strangewaterchange

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
? Six line wrasse? Ive seen people keep them in 13.5g with clowns and no issues.
Everyone I've ever talked to and every forum I've read on them pretty much says they will "eventually" become territorial in small tanks and become tank terrors. I know every fish is different but I'd feel terrible for my current fish and I'd probably never be able to catch it if I got one like that

Pauley

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dragon Moray. I’d feed him live blue striped tamarin wrasses gut-loaded with beluga caviar (money is obviously not a concern in my dream). ;)

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I said other, because, I cannot think of a dream fish I want. I love the fish I have, there are some I would maybe consider, but none that stand out as "Man I want that fish!"
If I ever find that one, I am sure I will need to win the lottery to house it. :)

CanuckReefer

Simple...Salt, Water, LR, Lighting and Flow.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're not kidding. These guys and French angels get massive. Amazing to dive with them and see how big they really get!! A couple of my favorites!

really want to see pics of this!!

For me, it would be the conspicuous angel. Perhaps in a few years when the price tag comes down under $1k but for now it'll stay a dream. A previous dream fish for me (decades ago) was a blueface angel and now I've got a beautiful one that I have had since it was a small juvenile.
Love the Blueface! This requires pics! :)

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 94 87.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back