FishyBusinessAquatics.com - Who Are We?

Discussion in 'Fishy Business Aquatics' started by FishyBusinessAq, May 26, 2018.

1. FishyBusinessAq

FishyBusinessAq Fishy Business Aquatics R2R Supporter Gold Sponsor Partner Sponsor

FishyBusinessAquatics.com is an online saltwater retailer committed to providing the healthiest fish, corals, and invertebrates in the aquarium hobby. The owners have over 50 years of combined experience in the hobby! Feel free to ask questions in the comments. Check out some of the many things we offer below:

Untitled design (13).jpg
    All livestock comes with a standard 21-Day Livestock Guarantee with the option to upgrade to a 30-Day. Customers also have the option of selecting no warranties for a discount. 100% Arrive Alive Money-Back Guarantee on all livestock orders.

WARRANTIES.jpg

Get rewarded for filling your tank! As soon as you sign up for an account on our site, you start earning Reeftastic Rewards! For every $1.00 you spend on the website, you will earn ONE (1) Reeftastic Reward Point.

ReefTastic Rewards.jpg

Sign up for our newsletter to get insider news, updates, and exclusive offers! Look for the envelope symbol on the upper right corner of the website or in the drop-down box of the mobile site.

Ask any questions, we're here to answer them!

Check out our Weekly Blowouts here: https://fishybusinessaquatics.com/on-sale-today/

We also have a Memorial Day Sale going on right now!

Memorial day sale.jpg

DSC reef and clownenthusiast2017 like this.
    Tags:

2. FishyBusinessAq

FishyBusinessAq Fishy Business Aquatics R2R Supporter Gold Sponsor Partner Sponsor

Someone asked: If I place an order, can I add to it before it ships?

Answer: Yes, you can make changes to your order up until 8:45 a.m. EST the day of shipment.

DSC reef likes this.
  3. Maritimer

Maritimer Moderator Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter CTARS Member R2R Excellence Award Partner Member 2018 Build Thread Contributor

Welcome to Reef2Reef, and that is an exciting-looking site! Looking forward to good things!

~Bruce

DSC reef and 4FordFamily like this.
  4. FishyBusinessAq

Thank you very much! Hope you are having a great Memorial Day Weekend!

Maritimer likes this.
  5. BradB

BradB Active Member

No connection to Phishy Business in Columbus Ohio?

FishyBusinessAq likes this.
  6. FishyBusinessAq

Nope, no connection at all.

7. dougers31

dougers31 Valuable Member R2R Supporter

I find it odd that your what you see is what you get pictures match that of another website with a completely different name...

8. FishyBusinessAq

That's because we use the same wholesale company. That being said, we buy and sell those same products at lower prices, with longer warranties, we pack differently, and we will not ship something that isn't looking good at the time of packing.

DSC reef likes this.
  9. puffy127

puffy127 Well-Known Member

That's good enough for me.

This got me curious. I suppose the wholesaler gives you different options for packing that you can choose from, but do they show you photos of the livestock at the time of packing and you get to decide whether to have it shipped? Or is this another option from the wholesaler that they will not ship something that isn't looking good to them at the time of packing? If that is indeed the case, does that mean that there are potentially stores out there that do not choose this option and the wholesaler will ship something that isn't looking good?

FishyBusinessAq and dougers31 like this.
  10. FishyBusinessAq

That is correct, we have our own packing team at the wholesaler and they have specific instructions from us on what is and is not acceptable to ship and also how much water and air goes into a bag. We have opted to use more air and more water to reduce DOAs, but our shipping costs are higher because of this. We also have them analyze the health of livestock at packing time and we then call customers to give them the option to make a substitution if our packing team says something is too skinny, looks ill, etc.

We are not privvy to the specifics of how other companies have their packing teams set up and what their rules are, but we understand that other companies use less air/less water to reduce costs. There are multiple online vendors that use wholesale companies like we do, our situation is not unique.

4FordFamily, puffy127 and dougers31 like this.
  11. puffy127

puffy127 Well-Known Member

That's great information. Thanks for sharing.

4FordFamily and FishyBusinessAq like this.
  12. dougers31

dougers31 Valuable Member R2R Supporter

Thanks for the replies.. sorry for any trouble.

13. FishyBusinessAq

No problem at all, we are trying to be as transparent as possible and we encourage people to ask questions. Our goal is to provide the healthiest livestock at competitive pricing, with great warranty options, and exceptional customer service. If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask.

14. Paul C.

Paul C. Well-Known Member R2R Supporter

Once a fish arrives at your facility, what is your QT protocol? How long is the livestock held before it is offered for sale?

FishyBusinessAq and Fishie like this.
  15. Bigfish of La.

Bigfish of La. Active Member

I think they ship directly from wholesalers and I doubt any QT. DD does have a QT protocol

16. Kyl

Kyl Valuable Member Build Thread Contributor

I noticed this in your website media:

Can you share anymore information about the foray into the frozen North yet?

Thanks!

17. FishyBusinessAq

Yes, we do use a wholesaler, but so do ALL of the biggest online retailers, it's impossible to work on this scale and not do that. And yes, the wholesalers do quarantine, but the quarantine procedures vary by animal type. Everything is acclimatized to synthetic saltwater, checked for diseases/parasites, treated in medicated water, and verified that it is eating, active, and healthy before it is shipped out to a customer.

We do recommend that customers quarantine any fish they get, whether that is from us, an LFS or any other source.

DSC reef, Maritimer and 4FordFamily like this.
  18. FishyBusinessAq

I am certainly not bashing Liveaquaria in any way, we highly respect their business and have even used the same wholesaler as them in the past. That being said, DD is a limited selection of the livestock they sell (less than 100 in stock as of right now) - as I understand it, they get those animals from their wholesaler, ship them to their facility, reacclimate them and check them, take gorgeous photos, and then sell them as WYSIWYG. To ensure that an animal has absolutely no diseases or parasite, the animals would need to be held for several months, which is cost prohibitive in the market. Additionally, shipping an animal can be very stressful and cause them to become ill even if it were the most healthy animal when shipped.

We do our absolute best to ensure that we only send out the healthiest fish and that the shipping process causes the least amount of stress possible. I hope this helps.

19. Bigfish of La.

Bigfish of La. Active Member

I’m not praising one vendor or the other, in fact I’m considering buying some fish from you in the near future. I just read that you have packers at the wholesalers and I’m sure they can’t possibly QT hundreds of fish. My last order was from LA and lost one of the three ordered, all covered with flukes. So, after repeated prazipro treatments and a couple of FW dips, I may be able to put these 2 in the DT.

Any way you can get a bonded pair of longnose hawk fish?

20. FishyBusinessAq

Although we do regularly get in bonded pairs of other fish, I haven't seen any bonded longnose hawkfish. I will check with our buyers to see if that is something we can get in though.

I hope you are able to get your other fish into your DT soon.

Thanks!