It was this big... Now its this big...

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ouch ,c'mon you are thicker than that... :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:
Sorry Lebron James GIF by Uninterrupted
Sorry GIF
Heart Hugs GIF
...;):)

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
50+ tulips one rock is totally covered with them and some have started to migrate to other rocks
Depending on the rock, I may take it out and bomb it. I pulled a rock with a sheet ton of majanos. Put it in a SW bath and used more kalk paste than should be needed. Left it for an hour. Went being and washed the rock off. I got probably 90% of them that round.

tcarstens4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Indeed, we ended up not going this weekend to pick up the tank because the roads were closed in IA due to snow, and going to the drag swap has renewed my want for a frag tank even though I’m getting that 200 and have had to black out my 75’s due to algae and diatom issues, I want to fix my 75’s but just don’t have time with my capstone deadlines coming up. I’m an art major so I have to create a body of work for my graduating show

OP
OP
F

F i s h y

2nd In Command. Where is Frank's firebug badge?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Indeed, we ended up not going this weekend to pick up the tank because the roads were closed in IA due to snow, and going to the drag swap has renewed my want for a frag tank even though I’m getting that 200 and have had to black out my 75’s due to algae and diatom issues, I want to fix my 75’s but just don’t have time with my capstone deadlines coming up. I’m an art major so I have to create a body of work for my graduating show
Sounds like a lot to do!

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thats about right.

Hilarious
I love George Carlin, one of the all time greatest comedians!!I can’t even imagine what he’d have to say about the state of things today :)

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love George Carlin, one of the all time greatest comedians!!I can’t even imagine what he’d have to say about the state of things today :)
You reminded me of Robin Williams. What a legend of a man.

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
You reminded me of Robin Williams. What a legend of a man.
there was just an article on him today for an interview he did on Oprah show for The movie TheBirdcage.

HankstankXXL750

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Here are the results of waiting. This was at about 50% hatch of the eggs.

419485.jpeg

Hey @F i s h y

Have a couple of questions for you as my hatch didn’t go nearly so well last night. You said you woke up to this.
1. Did you turn your pumps off all night?

2. Did you set it up and turn on the light right away? (I ask because I have been told that they won’t hatch unless completely dark)

3. how strong of airflow?

I had my trap in place and lights go off at 11. I covered the tank with towels and started the air pump. Came back in an hour and turned on the light, but think I lost most to predation. I only ended up with three in the trap. I watched some move to the light but then swim away from the current might have had it set too high.

OP
OP
F

F i s h y

2nd In Command. Where is Frank's firebug badge?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey @F i s h y

Have a couple of questions for you as my hatch didn’t go nearly so well last night. You said you woke up to this.
1. Did you turn your pumps off all night?

2. Did you set it up and turn on the light right away? (I ask because I have been told that they won’t hatch unless completely dark)

3. how strong of airflow?

I had my trap in place and lights go off at 11. I covered the tank with towels and started the air pump. Came back in an hour and turned on the light, but think I lost most to predation. I only ended up with three in the trap. I watched some move to the light but then swim away from the current might have had it set too high.
I turn all of the pumps off when lights go out. I also turn off all of the lights in the same room. I don't cover the tank, but I don't think that would hurt anything. I use a fine air stone and position it very close to the opening of the trap. I also have a valve on it so I can control the flow. I find that the majority of the eggs usually hatch within the first 1.5 hours.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 18 29.5%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 51 83.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.9%
Back