It was this big... Now its this big...

HankstankXXL750

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I turn all of the pumps off when lights go out. I also turn off all of the lights in the same room. I don't cover the tank, but I don't think that would hurt anything. I use a fine air stone and position it very close to the opening of the trap. I also have a valve on it so I can control the flow. I find that the majority of the eggs usually hatch within the first 1.5 hours.
So you addd an airstone instead of just the solid air tube that came with? Is the fine airstone above or below the bottom of the trap opening (I am assuming inside it not below)

how about the trap light, do you run it during the hatch? Or wait? I’m thinking the reason I didn’t catch many was because the light wasn’t in and the got eaten by other tank mates.
Thanks

OP
OP
F

F i s h y

2nd In Command. Where is Frank's firebug badge?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So you addd an airstone instead of just the solid air tube that came with? Is the fine airstone above or below the bottom of the trap opening (I am assuming inside it not below)

how about the trap light, do you run it during the hatch? Or wait? I’m thinking the reason I didn’t catch many was because the light wasn’t in and the got eaten by other tank mates.
Thanks
I put the airstone below so the stream rises into the trap. I leave the tank dark for 30 minutes or so after lights out then turn on the trap light.

HankstankXXL750

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I put the airstone below so the stream rises into the trap. I leave the tank dark for 30 minutes or so after lights out then turn on the trap light.
Thanks. There is very little good info on this trap that I could find. I waited too long last night. I waited 1 hour should have gone sooner.
So final question, by below, just below or down far enough for them to swim above it? Like an inch or so or top of stone even with bottom of trap?

thanks.

OP
OP
F

F i s h y

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. There is very little good info on this trap that I could find. I waited too long last night. I waited 1 hour should have gone sooner.
So final question, by below, just below or down far enough for them to swim above it? Like an inch or so or top of stone even with bottom of trap?

thanks.
Below it so that there is some space. Good luck. Let me know if I can help with anything else.

tcarstens4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The same guy I am getting my 200g tank from is thinking about selling his 400 acrylic tank and whole setup with returns, skimmers, calcium reactor uv sterilizer and everything else for 2,500, so now my parents get their dream tank in the basement and here’s what it would look like built in
image.jpg

OP
OP
F

F i s h y

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The same guy I am getting my 200g tank from is thinking about selling his 400 acrylic tank and whole setup with returns, skimmers, calcium reactor uv sterilizer and everything else for 2,500, so now my parents get their dream tank in the basement and here’s what it would look like built in
image.jpg
Love it!

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
image.jpg
wow what a great deal!

N1tew0lf1212

...Cronies Secretary...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Things...

And yes that is 40 gallons of water in the sump ;)

455393.jpeg
20230328_234517.jpg
20230328_234521.jpg
Looking awesome man soon enough is it ok to start the count down lol. I kinda started like last week and its not even my set up. lol

Joe Glass Cages

Passionate Glass Cages’s Team Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm super excited for you to have this-ish view.

@Joe Glass Cages does great work.
PXL_20230329_004548612.jpg
appreciate all the love @Lost in the Sauce

all the glory goes to the Glasscages Team. for every build, its a team effort! We all believe in each other, hold each-other accountable, lift each other up and honor each other. Team Passion.

Passion Rules!

OP
OP
F

F i s h y

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking awesome man soon enough is it ok to start the count down lol. I kinda started like last week and its not even my set up. lol
Thank you... 60 hours 33 minutes roughly... but who is counting...

OP
OP
F

F i s h y

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
appreciate all the love @Lost in the Sauce

all the glory goes to the Glasscages Team. for every build, its a team effort! We all believe in each other, hold each-other accountable, lift each other up and honor each other. Team Passion.

Passion Rules!
Can't wait to see the Lost edition 8fter sitting on this stand... a little trim, some doors.. and it might be worthy of having your teams tank sitting on it...

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad your counting down too felt like a weirdo lol
im-weird-as-hell-weird.gif
I’m counting down for how many days for your Torch to feel better. Awesome coral that can’t go!

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back