Still with the B's eh??
It aint ever over.

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not only do o not have float valves I drive 30 minutes to get water.

Sorry this is sad. I know nothing about treatment but I do know few coral growers that does a lot to frag systems when they have problems. Friend just did his spa system a month ago. Almost positive they don’t do water changes.
That was the tipping point for me. I spent two gallons of gas to get 6 gallons of water. after that I was filtering at home.

OP
OP
F

F i s h y

2nd In Command. Where is Frank's firebug badge?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I confirmed 6 baby Bangaii Cardinalfish in the reef last night. There is 1 in my overflow and 5 in my refugium. They all appear to be getting bigger daily. Today would mean they are 17 days post release. I am not doing anything special for the one in the overflow, i see it eating bits of the frozen mysis and brine that I feed the rest of the tank with. For the 5 in the sump, I have been dropping 1 cube of baby brine 2x per day in the flow chamber right before the refugium. They actively eat it and I see them hunting pods. The larger pods also seem to really enjoy the baby brine shrimp when I feed. The male is already holding eggs in his mouth again, less than 2 weeks since he released the prior batch.

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I confirmed 6 baby Bangaii Cardinalfish in the reef last night. There is 1 in my overflow and 5 in my refugium. They all appear to be getting bigger daily. Today would mean they are 17 days post release. I am not doing anything special for the one in the overflow, i see it eating bits of the frozen mysis and brine that I feed the rest of the tank with. For the 5 in the sump, I have been dropping 1 cube of baby brine 2x per day in the flow chamber right before the refugium. They actively eat it and I see them hunting pods. The larger pods also seem to really enjoy the baby brine shrimp when I feed. The male is already holding eggs in his mouth again, less than 2 weeks since he released the prior batch.
Dibs.

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For sure!!!
I only have one of mine left in the office tank. I would like to get one for the 180g. I was just gonna move this one but your timing is pretty awesome.

OP
OP
F

F i s h y

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I only have one of mine left in the office tank. I would like to get one for the 180g. I was just gonna move this one but your timing is pretty awesome.
Not sure how long we should wait before sending them to a new home, they are still quite tiny. I'll grab a picture tonight of 1 or as many as I can. But it is very amazing how quickly they are growing, they are at least double the size of when they were released.

OP
OP
F

F i s h y

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No worries then if it doest work out I can still just grab some coral. Plan is 7/31 arrival 8/2 departure. Maybe 8/3.
They should be ready by then I would imagine

OP
OP
F

F i s h y

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No worries then if it doest work out I can still just grab some coral. Plan is 7/31 arrival 8/2 departure. Maybe 8/3.
Pick a few out and I'll tie a ribbon on them so we know which are yours.

20230613_000154.jpg
20230613_000151.jpg

OP
OP
F

F i s h y

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tested tonight. Alk dropping quick each day... need to be better on manually dosing until doser is running.

Alk 7.8
Ph 8.15
Temp 78.7
Salinity 35.1
Po4 .221
No3 15
Mg 1490

Calcium test coming next week some time. Was supposed to be here yesterday.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sorry , think Hannah's are inconsistent way too often, copper I don't know...
API, be precise on ml, bell curve, consistently anal about drop size,and wait time ...
Trust your Corals,PH monitor,and consistent readings, even if off a tad,so what...
API, yep, prove me wrong anyone ?? ... ;) :)

consistent,word of the day today...:D

OP
OP
F

F i s h y

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry ,didn't mean to sound arrogant , JME , 30yrs a farmer ,never stepped in sh it right...:rolleyes::)
Lol no worries. Coral all look good. Lots of sps growth. And some finally coloring up more than just green or brown.

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
API, be precise on ml, bell curve, consistently anal about drop size,and wait time ...
Trust your Corals,PH monitor,and consistent readings, even if off a tad,so what...

Don’t trust API lol

OP
OP
F

F i s h y

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

the top line on the digital output doesn't work anymore since i dropped it. Last night the reading was 72, but the top part of the 7 didnt show so it really could have been 12. The difference in those 2 numbers is either 0.221 or 0.037. My gut tells me its somewhere in between.
Prior to that it was almost spot on with my API most of the time, accounting for drunken user error...
Need to pull my API out of the storage unit i guess until I can replace the Hannah.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 127 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back