It was this big... Now its this big...

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That's interesting. My IO reef crystals have been mixing at 500 plus calcium and 1500 plus mg... I might need to be careful with that.
reef crystals ? or reg i ocean? confused as usual.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's interesting. My IO reef crystals have been mixing at 500 plus calcium and 1500 plus mg... I might need to be careful with that.
Reef code has mag an other stuff in it, but in less of an amount. Being as I don’t know what a water change is, unless I clean my sump and replace that water, reef code has kept my mag steady at 1400 or so.

I am also dosing equal amounts of calcium and alk. Here is what I get when alk is dosed to maintain what I want.

Dosing to keep 8.2-8.3 alk on Hanna results in 420 calcium and 1400 mag. Both dosed at 82 ml a day.

OP
OP
F

F i s h y

2nd In Command. Where is Frank's firebug badge?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reef code has mag an other stuff in it, but in less of an amount. Being as I don’t know what a water change is, unless I clean my sump and replace that water, reef code has kept my mag steady at 1400 or so.

I am also dosing equal amounts of calcium and alk. Here is what I get when alk is dosed to maintain what I want.

Dosing to keep 8.2-8.3 alk on Hanna results in 420 calcium and 1400 mag. Both dosed at 82 ml a day.
I only do water changes when I clean detritus. 80ish gallon system total usually takes 10 gallons to clean about once every 2 or 3 months. Last test had calcium at 400ish and mag pegged at 1500+. I'm guessing once I get my alk stable those will fluctuate more as I believe my system isn't able to use them appropriately right now...

I already feel in over my head lol... figuring out how much I need to get it where I want it then how much to maintain it...

I'm not a numbers chaser but my reef is off and my manual dosing isn't keeping it where it needs to be...

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I only do water changes when I clean detritus. 80ish gallon system total usually takes 10 gallons to clean about once every 2 or 3 months. Last test had calcium at 400ish and mag pegged at 1500+. I'm guessing once I get my alk stable those will fluctuate more as I believe my system isn't able to use them appropriately right now...

I already feel in over my head lol... figuring out how much I need to get it where I want it then how much to maintain it...

I'm not a numbers chaser but my reef is off and my manual dosing isn't keeping it where it needs to be...
Figuring out what to dose is easy.

Measure each for 3-5 days and see what it drops. Do not dose for those 3-5 days either.

Take drop per day, put in a calculator, dose 80% of that and then test at same time the next day. See if it dropped or stayed the same. If it dropped, up dosing to 90% of number from calculator on first dose day. If it stayed the same, test the next day at same time and see if it stays the same or dropped less.

Basically lots of testing for 2 weeks lol.

Also, switch to regular IO lol. Last batch of IO RC I used was almost 1700 mag lol. Thank goodness for a large euphillia garden to eat it up. Plus, you don’t need that much alk in fresh mixed do ya?

Wjat are your goals for numbers?

OP
OP
F

F i s h y

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey just a thought,carry on manual ,get that alk up till cal starts falling ,start doser on 6'er ??
6ft will be nem tank. Leaving the reef in the lagoon.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll test calcium and mg tomorrow... need to get some rest hopefully... I dont sleep much. Got a solid 4 hour nap in last night. Hoping for 6 tonight.
Ohh crap. It is midnight lol. We finish this tomorrow lol.

OP
OP
F

F i s h y

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Figuring out what to dose is easy.

Measure each for 3-5 days and see what it drops. Do not dose for those 3-5 days either.

Take drop per day, put in a calculator, dose 80% of that and then test at same time the next day. See if it dropped or stayed the same. If it dropped, up dosing to 90% of number from calculator on first dose day. If it stayed the same, test the next day at same time and see if it stays the same or dropped less.

Basically lots of testing for 2 weeks lol.

Also, switch to regular IO lol. Last batch of IO RC I used was almost 1700 mag lol. Thank goodness for a large euphillia garden to eat it up. Plus, you don’t need that much alk in fresh mixed do ya?

Wjat are your goals for numbers?
I'd like these to be my numbers
Alk 8.3
Calcium 420
Mag 1400
Nitrates 5 to 10
Phosphates .13

I have like 250 gallons worth of IORC on hand to burn through. Maybe I can sell it and get me some purple buckets...

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like the guy I got it from bought this for it maybe?

20210629_001337.jpg
Water Balloon GIF
slingshot fail GIF
Slow Motion Lol GIF by America's Funniest Home Videos

OP
OP
F

F i s h y

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Made my lagoon very angry tonight. Pulled and cleaned my gyres I think they were so gunked up probably only pushing 50% of what they should sucked out detritus. Moved coral, think I might have to many... is that possible? At last count roughly 160 peices in my reef.... did a water change will let things settle then start a heavy testing and dosing regime for the next 7 days. Once I get my numbers back in line I'll test another 7 days to see what it takes to maintain. Then I'll set up doser. In the mean time need to get more CUC and liquids... neo nitro, neo phos, and acro power... have a feeling this thing is on the verge of taking off...

OP
OP
F

F i s h y

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My king's had an off year.
I used to be a huge redwings fan. Back in the glory days Scotty bowman lots of great players lots of cups... my brother moved to st louis about 5 years ago and I hadn't watched hockey in a long time... watched a few blues games then a few more, before I knew it I was a blues fan...

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
;Facepalmnow i gotta look ,haven't watched hockey since Blackhawks fired coach Quinville..:oops:blues in???;)google....

Back