It was this big... Now its this big...

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
About 11 days of recovery time, at our age.

I want to say it was 760 lb on the pallet. Jason has a better idea I'm sure.
So it would only take two of us then right? Haha!

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So it would only take two of us then right? Haha!
I had 6. Two of which were gym rat high school seniors.

It was not nearly enough. We did have to go around the garage and in through the back door. By the time we got around the garage we were already knowing we were in a bad place.

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had 6. Two of which were gym rat high school seniors.

It was not nearly enough. We did have to go around the garage and in through the back door. By the time we got around the garage we were already knowing we were in a bad place.
We have a large quartz island to deliver in a couple weeks 129" x 48" x 1 3/16" thick. It should only be about 645lbs. It should only take 4 of us. Glass tanks make me nervous since I have moved plenty of them when I was younger. It only takes a tap at the right place a you have a chip or a run...

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My back is spasming already thinking about that.

We have a large quartz island to deliver in a couple weeks 129" x 48" x 1 3/16" thick. It should only be about 645lbs. It should only take 4 of us. Glass tanks make me nervous since I have moved plenty of them when I was younger. It only takes a tap at the right place a you have a chip or a run...

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I was younger my employee Curtis and I moved some slabs two guys should not have attempted. I remember one time we almost got crushed loading a large granite island into a 1 ton pick up. Wow were we sweating and taxed after making that lift...it was winter by the way! At one point it stared to go and Curtis man handled that thing and kept us both from getting squished. Best employee I have ever had! Never knew the concept of I can't.

Another time we delivered a granite island that was about 123" x 72" with a wave cut in the front and wrapped around a post on one side. Took all 4 of us all we could give to get off the truck in the ice and snow and get it inside. No one talked for about ten minutes just everyone breathing hard! Granite averages 18 to 20 lbs a square foot since it absorbs water from the air and the polishing process. That slab could have been close to 1000lbs. I can't do that stuff anymore. I would much rather watch and give advise! I have big legs but T-Rex arms...always lift with the legs hahaha!

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I was younger my employee Curtis and I moved some slabs two guys should not have attempted. I remember one time we almost got crushed loading a large granite island into a 1 ton pick up. Wow were we sweating and taxed after making that lift...it was winter by the way! At one point it stared to go and Curtis man handled that thing and kept us both from getting squished. Best employee I have ever had! Never knew the concept of I can't.

Another time we delivered a granite island that was about 123" x 72" with a wave cut in the front and wrapped around a post on one side. Took all 4 of us all we could give to get off the truck in the ice and snow and get it inside. No one talked for about ten minutes just everyone breathing hard! Granite averages 18 to 20 lbs a square foot since it absorbs water from the air and the polishing process. That slab could have been close to 1000lbs. I can't do that stuff anymore. I would much rather watch and give advise! I have big legs but T-Rex arms...always lift with the legs hahaha!
Heaviest thing I’ve ever lifted has been the heart of a friend in troubled times.

Last edited:

Nate Chalk

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just woke up to one loud crack of thunder. That was it.

Weird.

Now reading about getting crushed by the tank. Eek.

We had 6 for mine the slider down to 5. Set on one end to get through doorways.

That was very heavy, scary, and mines just 5 pieces and 2 ft shorter.

Couple more hours of sleep maybe....

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just woke up to one loud crack of thunder. That was it.

Weird.

Now reading about getting crushed by the tank. Eek.

We had 6 for mine the slider down to 5. Set on one end to get through doorways.

That was very heavy, scary, and mines just 5 pieces and 2 ft shorter.

Couple more hours of sleep maybe....
Get up ,a zz in gear ,we got a tank to move !!... ;) :)

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazon What GIF by Gringo Movie

Is calling in sick an option?
Asking for a friend :winking-face-with-tongue: :grinning-face-with-sweat:

Back