It was this big... Now its this big...

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Eagle_Steve here are the best pics of the tentacles I could get. The mouth looks like my Haddoni but the tentacles and the body structure do not.

20210320_205534.jpg
20210320_205514.jpg
20210320_205457.jpg
20210320_205426.jpg
20210320_113917.jpg

Here is my Haddoni for comparison
20210320_205557.jpg
20210320_205547.jpg
Looks like a haddoni, but the verrucae are the easiest way to ID carpets. Gigs have bluish/purple, Haddoni are clear/barely visible, Merts are red and almost form a solid line near the foot. Helianthus have yellow/orange.

from the other pics I didn’t see any verrucae on the column.

OP
OP
F i s h y

F i s h y

2nd In Command. Where is Frank's firebug badge?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like a haddoni, but the verrucae are the easiest way to ID carpets. Gigs have bluish/purple, Haddoni are clear/barely visible, Merts are red and almost form a solid line near the foot. Helianthus have yellow/orange.

from the other pics I didn’t see any verrucae on the column.
Correct it is pure white. And now it's completely buried so even if they are there no way to see them now... :) either way it's beautiful. Thanks for taking a 2nd look at it.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Correct it is pure white. And now it's completely buried so even if they are there no way to see them now... :) either way it's beautiful. Thanks for taking a 2nd look at it.
Not a problem. I even looked on the pc instead of my phone. So you know I love you, as it is a rule for me that no PC outside of work lol.

OP
OP
F i s h y

F i s h y

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not a problem. I even looked on the pc instead of my phone. So you know I love you, as it is a rule for me that no PC outside of work lol.
I totally get that!

OP
OP
F i s h y

F i s h y

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well.... I love my new Citron clown goby pair... but they won't leave my acros alone. I was afraid of this. I have a place in my sump they can go... but now I need to catch them... :( @fishguy242 @LRT @MERKEY @Crabby48 Anyone have any tricks. They are eating the polyps off my acros. They need to go... :(

Thespammailaccount

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well.... I love my new Citron clown goby pair... but they won't leave my acros alone. I was afraid of this. I have a place in my sump they can go... but now I need to catch them... :( @fishguy242 @LRT @MERKEY @Crabby48 Anyone have any tricks. They are eating the polyps off my acros. They need to go... :(
Have read mixed reviews on the subject from eating to just removing a small section of acro tissue to lay eggs on

OP
OP
F i s h y

F i s h y

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have read mixed reviews on the subject from eating to just removing a small section of acro tissue to lay eggs on
I have bleaching and polyps missing from all of my acros... they were blowing up with growth and now :( especially the 2 acros they call home...

Thespammailaccount

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have bleaching and polyps missing from all of my acros... they were blowing up with growth and now :( especially the 2 acros they call home...
From what I have read is they can nip and will remove a piece of tissue to lay eggs which generally does no harm to colonies and that arcos grow faster with them present but if they are trying to host a frag the frag may not be able to handle them removing a portion of tissue

OP
OP
F i s h y

F i s h y

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The sump or another tank sounds like a good idea until the acros get bigger you can always try again in the future
That's what I'm thinking. I just don't think my small colonies and frags can keep up. I read that they feed on the mucous of the polyps and tissue. If the colonies are big enough they can handle it...

OP
OP
F i s h y

F i s h y

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shoot catching those little buggers is going to be hard.

At night I would think would be best.

Any chance to remove enough for a little bit to get a better chance of catching?
Gosh I wish... but unfortunately no. Aqua scape is now just 2 large structures covered with 50 or so different coral... im thinking at night too... im not happy... I really like them.

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
feed with a turkey baster. when they know food is coming from it, they will come to it. easy to net.

OP
OP
F i s h y

F i s h y

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
feed with a turkey baster. when they know food is coming from it, they will come to it. easy to net.
Unfortunately I have not seen them eat any food since I got them, but they are def nibbling on my corals... I thought about that too... little monsters

OP
OP
F i s h y

F i s h y

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you would know better than me, but guessing fishdude has more. :cool:
He has a few peices but thats it lol he deals in the much more popular lps... euphyllia the most.
I think he may get a couple soon. I have 2 from him. Wild acros are so much more appealing to me than most of the high end stuff. Eventually I might get a real gem to color up out of one. For me keeping a wild acro alive is such a challenge.

I'm going to use tonight to spy on the Gobies and tomorrow night to catch them...

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 57 50.4%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 62 54.9%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 25 22.1%
  • None.

Votes: 28 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 8.0%
Back