It was this big... Now its this big...

OP
OP
F i s h y

F i s h y

2nd In Command. Where is Frank's firebug badge?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is why I reef... the excitement. Something is always happening.

And all the good people.
My Cardinals had just actually bred about three weeks ago. When the V hit, both got fw dips and the male did not do well in it at all. Ended up spitting out all of the fertilized eggs into the dip. I was really bummed. Especially since my wife and I watched them do the dance so too speak. They were even kind of nesting the duncan.

OP
OP
F i s h y

F i s h y

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Cardinals had just actually bred about three weeks ago. When the V hit, both got fw dips and the male did not do well in it at all. Ended up spitting out all of the fertilized eggs into the dip. I was really bummed. Especially since my wife and I watched them do the dance so too speak. They were even kind of nesting the duncan.
The dance is neat. I'm lucky enough to have gotten 4 fish that formed 2 pairs. And everyone seems to get along well in the lagoon.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The dance is neat. I'm lucky enough to have gotten 4 fish that formed 2 pairs. And everyone seems to get along well in the lagoon.
When we set up my original bowfront 4 years ago, we put in 5 hoping that would happen (because the pet store guy told us that). Then there were 4 but no pairs for years. One day, two paired up and in short order knocked the other two off. It's a beautiful and violent world in the reef..

OP
OP
F i s h y

F i s h y

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats, how many days do they carry them?
Around 21 to 26 days typically in my previous experience. I'll try to net them and put them in a breeder box around day 20. If I am ready to try to raise babies by then.

OP
OP
F i s h y

F i s h y

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my guy had 2 boxes of stuff coming... one box did not make the connection from Memphis to Indy. Thank you Fedex...

I got my blue carpet acclimating but the green and my damsels won't make the trip until tomorrow... fingers crossed they survive.

My supplier has over 1k in a box waiting to get to indy... not good

Stupid fedex...

Last edited:
OP
OP
F i s h y

F i s h y

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is the new nem I got today. Waiting to get my other tomorrow...
20210428_220439.jpg

OP
OP
F i s h y

F i s h y

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup a blue one. I have a purple, green, now a blue, and a lime metallic green coming tomorrow... looking for a red, orange, and rainbow to go with them. Then I'll have about every color except the normal brownish greens...

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup a blue one. I have a purple, green, now a blue, and a lime metallic green coming tomorrow... looking for a red, orange, and rainbow to go with them. Then I'll have about every color except the normal brownish greens...
Orange is a bleached red and if you want a plain old green/brown striped carpet, let me know. The baby from the spawn where I found a baby in the sump is growing good. It is about 8” or so now.

OP
OP
F i s h y

F i s h y

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Orange is a bleached red and if you want a plain old green/brown striped carpet, let me know. The baby from the spawn where I found a baby in the sump is growing good. It is about 8” or so now.
I heard there is a rare orange with yellow tips.... ever hear of one?

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I heard there is a rare orange with yellow tips.... ever hear of one?
Never heard of or seen one. It is a possibility though. My bright green one has almost pink tips, which I have never seen on another before. The camera on my phone can’t catch it and it looks white. Need to figure out how to set my old Nikon up to take pics of it.

OP
OP
F i s h y

F i s h y

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
May have to take you up on that to complete my set ;)

I have 12 nems in my nem tank. 4 different species. It quickly became my new favorite thing.
Mt reef is basically full and doing well so I needed a new thing to do...

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
May have to take you up on that to complete my set ;)

I have 12 nems in my nem tank. 4 different species. It quickly became my new favorite thing.
Mt reef is basically full and doing well so I needed a new thing to do...
I have the same problem lol. Reefs are doing good, setup a 7’ frag. That does good, setup another 7’ frag. Wife wants a mangrove lagoon, take down a 7’ frag and replace with a narrower 7’ frag. Also can’t forget the angler fish 32 biocube, as anglers are awesome. The list keeps going and going lol.

OP
OP
F i s h y

F i s h y

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same problem lol. Reefs are doing good, setup a 7’ frag. That does good, setup another 7’ frag. Wife wants a mangrove lagoon, take down a 7’ frag and replace with a narrower 7’ frag. Also can’t forget the angler fish 32 biocube, as anglers are awesome. The list keeps going and going lol.
I set up a tank today to raise Bangaii Cardinalfish in. Both my males are holding eggs.
Fiance wants a pony tank.
I want a macro tank
I see more tanks in my immediate future

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 68 52.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back