It was this big... Now its this big...

OP
OP
F i s h y

F i s h y

2nd In Command. Where is Frank's firebug badge?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heck ya. Just be sure to polish the crap out of the tank when you get it. Them polish some more. Makes it much easier to clean. I finished mine with 3500 polishing compound.
Done deal pick it up on the 10th... :)

OP
OP
F i s h y

F i s h y

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's Sunday :)
Testing and maybe a water change...?

20210627_133044.jpg

OP
OP
F i s h y

F i s h y

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lagoon wasn't looking so hot today.... did some testing. It is destroying alk, nitrates, and phosphates.
Alk was 6.048
Nitrates undetectable
Phosphates .04
Ph 8.2
Calcium 430
Mag 1450

I took out a basketball size peice of chaeto. Left about a cantaloupe sized bit. Dosed for all 3.

Time to get my doser going. I'm not to tech savvy. Hoping for some help.
I cant keep up manually any more.

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Lagoon wasn't looking so hot today.... did some testing. It is destroying alk, nitrates, and phosphates.
Alk was 6.048
Nitrates undetectable
Phosphates .04
Ph 8.2
Calcium 430
Mag 1450

I took out a basketball size peice of chaeto. Left about a cantaloupe sized bit. Dosed for all 3.

Time to get my doser going. I'm not to tech savvy. Hoping for some help.
I cant keep up manually any more.
Oh ya this is when the tank really takes off.

I am useless with dosers as I still dose 3 part manually.

Which doser do you have again?

OP
OP
F i s h y

F i s h y

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh ya this is when the tank really takes off.

I am useless with dosers as I still dose 3 part manually.

Which doser do you have again?
This is the one... still in the box :)
20210628_235857.jpg

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the one... still in the box :)
20210628_235857.jpg
That’s like 5 minutes to setup, once calibrated.

Do you have a 100 ml beaker or anything that you can mark to 100 ml?

Gonna need that to calibrate the heads. Also we will calibrate with what you will be dosing. Never use rodi, as it may not be the same viscosity and weight of what you are dosing.

OP
OP
F i s h y

F i s h y

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s like 5 minutes to setup, once calibrated.

Do you have a 100 ml beaker or anything that you can mark to 100 ml?

Gonna need that to calibrate the heads. Also we will calibrate with what you will be dosing. Never use rodi, as it may not be the same viscosity and weight of what you are dosing.
I have nothing? Lol need direction on what type of containers I need to keep the liquids in, probably need some tubing, and what I should be dosing. As of now my thoughts are 4 ports, dose alk, calcium, nitrates, phosphates... don't really need calcium at this point but should probably have it ready to go. I can Amazon any recommendations if need be.

Last edited:

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have nothing? Lol need direction on what type of containers I need to keep the liquids in, probably need some tubing, and what I should be dosing. As of now my thoughts are 4 ports, dose alk, calcium, nitrates, phosphates... don't really need calcium at this point but should probably have it ready to go.
You will need calcium.

That tubing will work, then you need some hard airline from lfs.

Bottles the 2 part comes in works great, if you do not care about it being pretty.

Empty water jugs works great for no3 and po4.

I like brightwell reef code A and B for simplicity. You dose the same amount for both and it actually works out. For my smaller tanks, that’s what I use. Basically anything less than a 2 dkh drop a day lol. It is not as concentrated as others, but is a lot easier for smaller tanks.

Another thought. For space saving and decent looks, 4x cereal storage containers works great for dosing containers. Food safe as well.

Look closely at the right side frag tank about middle ways of the stand. Those white things are just the seachem jugs with holes poked in the top, so the hard airline can go in it. Cut an angle at the end, so it doesn’t sit flat on bottom of jug.

my no3, ammonia, cheato grow and po4 is in daisy sour cream containers under the macro tank. If you zoom in, you can see one of them lol.
4B7C7E1A-2848-4ACB-A848-9D619BBE78F3.jpeg

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You will need calcium.

Bottles the 2 part comes in works great, if you do not care about it being pretty.

I like brightwell reef code A and B for simplicity. You dose the same amount for both and it actually works out. For my smaller tanks, that’s what I use. Basically anything less than a 2 dkh drop a day lol. It is not as concentrated as others, but is a lot easier for smaller tanks.

Another thought. For space saving and decent looks, 4x cereal storage containers works great for dosing containers. Food safe as well.

Look closely at the right side frag tank about middle ways of the stand. Those white things are just the seachem jugs with holes poked in the top, so the hard airline can go in it. Cut an angle at the end, so it doesn’t sit flat on bottom of jug.

my no3, ammonia, cheato grow and po4 is in daisy sour cream containers under the macro tank. If you zoom in, you can see one of them lol.
Do you use seachem fusion 2 part or just the jugs haha

I've read they are not an equal 2 part....

OP
OP
F i s h y

F i s h y

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You will need calcium.

This is what I have. The 1 and 2 part are not open. Been just winging the dosing on the other 2. Sounds like I need hard airline tubing.

20210629_002350.jpg

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you use seachem fusion 2 part or just the jugs haha

I've read they are not an equal 2 part....
I use it until I run out of this last batch. Only on the frag tank. You are right, no where near equal. You also end up with more than calcium in it.

Makes it easy to get some things out of whack.

From the bottle

Reef Fusion 1™ provides not only 100,000 mg/L of ionic calcium, but also includes biologically appropriate levels of magnesium, strontium, boron, iron, manganese, and molybdenum.

My mag got up to 1600 or so in the 180. I now dose mag and traces on their own and do an icp test every 6 months just to check up on the levels.

OP
OP
F i s h y

F i s h y

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use it until I run out of this last batch. Only on the frag tank. You are right, no where near equal. You also end up with more than calcium in it.

Makes it easy to get some things out of whack.

From the bottle

Reef Fusion 1™ provides not only 100,000 mg/L of ionic calcium, but also includes biologically appropriate levels of magnesium, strontium, boron, iron, manganese, and molybdenum.

My mag got up to 1600 or so in the 180. I now dose mag and traces on their own and do an icp test every 6 months just to check up on the levels.
That's interesting. My IO reef crystals have been mixing at 500 plus calcium and 1500 plus mg... I might need to be careful with that.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 60 33.1%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.8%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back