Five stage water filter

g_acosta_02

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just order a 5 stage water filter for drinking water in my house.. The question is can I use that water for water changes in my 32 gallon biocube

OP
OP
g_acosta_02

g_acosta_02

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe a pic or link of the one you bought?

Screenshot_20200407-072829_Chrome.jpg

NS Mike D

In the arena.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
invest is a TDS meter (they are not expensive) and take the guessing game out of the equation. If you are getting readings above 0 you can send a sample out for a detailed report listing what is still getting through.

There is a difference between and 5 stage drinking water system and a 5 stage aquarium RODI system. The DI at the final stage of the aquarium is what removes the final metallic ions (I could be wrong but I recall that copper is the common enemy that the DI gets).

RO removes:
  • Organic Chemicals
  • Chlorine
  • Lead
  • Silicates
  • Pesticides
  • Herbicides
  • Arsenic
  • Asbestos
  • Radionuclides
  • Cysts
DI Removes
  • Dissolved Salts
  • Calcium Ions
  • Magnesium Ions
  • Metallic Ions

You should be fine with your unit, but that depends on what is flowing to the tap

OP
OP
g_acosta_02

g_acosta_02

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
invest is a TDS meter (they are not expensive) and take the guessing game out of the equation. If you are getting readings above 0 you can send a sample out for a detailed report listing what is still getting through.

There is a difference between and 5 stage drinking water system and a 5 stage aquarium RODI system. The DI at the final stage of the aquarium is what removes the final metallic ions (I could be wrong but I recall that copper is the common enemy that the DI gets).

RO removes:
  • Organic Chemicals
  • Chlorine
  • Lead
  • Silicates
  • Pesticides
  • Herbicides
  • Arsenic
  • Asbestos
  • Radionuclides
  • Cysts
DI Removes
  • Dissolved Salts
  • Calcium Ions
  • Magnesium Ions
  • Metallic Ions

You should be fine with your unit, but that depends on what is flowing to the tap
So if get 0 on the tds meter I can use it

OP
OP
g_acosta_02

g_acosta_02

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

RO removes:
  • Organic Chemicals
  • Chlorine
  • Lead
  • Silicates
  • Pesticides
  • Herbicides
  • Arsenic
  • Asbestos
  • Radionuclides
  • Cysts
DI Removes
  • Dissolved Salts
  • Calcium Ions
  • Magnesium Ions
  • Metallic Ions

Thanks for the info

NS Mike D

In the arena.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
read this thread on TDS. It also has a link to @Randy Holmes-Farley article on the subject.

While I have the thumbs up, I would prefer if someone with better knowledge of water chemistry could confirm that nothing serious could get past the meter that would otherwise be picked off by the DI unity. There are successful tanks using distilled, RO only and tap water.

OP
OP
g_acosta_02

g_acosta_02

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
read this thread on TDS. It also has a link to @Randy Holmes-Farley article on the subject.

While I have the thumbs up, I would prefer if someone with better knowledge of water chemistry could confirm that nothing serious could get past the meter that would otherwise be picked off by the DI unity. There are successful tanks using distilled, RO only and tap water.

I use distilled water for a year now and my tank is looking the best it's ever but my pocket is not happy lol thanks I will look in to the link

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 102 86.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back