Flame angel pooping white strings.

fishywishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a small flame angel a few days ago and he seems super healthy and very active but I saw him poop one time and there was like a white cloud and a long white thing came out that was stuck to him for a few seconds then fell of and I heard that’s bad. Lfs said he was just feeding brine shrimp but I feed him brine shrimp and ocean nutrition prime reef flakes but he stopped eating flakes for some reason. I have other fish in my tank and I don’t want anything to spread so I really need some advice asap. Also the long white thing went in my filter so should I clean my filter out?

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No. If I had to give it medicine I would give it seachem metroplex so I wouldn’t have to weigh anything just measure, also can the fish immune system fight of bacteria diseases and protozoan parasites on its own? or if i do nothing will it end up just killing the fish eventually?

The problem is, very few people use medicated foods properly. There used to be some products on the market as medicated foods, but they are difficult to find now. Here is an article I wrote on the topic:

I can't tell you if the fish will pull through or not. If it is still eating well, it may pull through fine.

Jay

Upvote 0
OP
OP
fishywishy

fishywishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The problem is, very few people use medicated foods properly. There used to be some products on the market as medicated foods, but they are difficult to find now. Here is an article I wrote on the topic:

I can't tell you if the fish will pull through or not. If it is still eating well, it may pull through fine.

Jay
Ok, thanks for all the help

Upvote 0
OP
OP
fishywishy

fishywishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Jay
His poop is now a black/dark brown oval ball (kind of like rat poop) is this normal?

Upvote 0

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
His poop is now a black/dark brown oval ball (kind of like rat poop) is this normal?
Better than white or long and stringy. Close to normal I’d say.
Jay

Upvote 0

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last question I promise, what’s normal?
In many fish, you'll never see feces, they just dissolve. Thin, short brown fecal pellets are normal.

Jay

Upvote 0

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 26.9%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 43 82.7%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.8%
Back