Flame angels acting weird. Dying?

R33f

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello I am attaching a video of a flame angel I had been having issues with. It was fine and while I was treating the fish with metroplex and focus with Selcon and Garlic the fish stopped eating. It was a jerk would eat all the pellets.
it seemed it had something wrong under the gills. Or precisely the gills seamed burnet or an ulcer was formed but on both sides. The poor fish has to under go Copper treatment for almost more than 2 weeks.
Video link

SlugSnorter

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello I am attaching a video of a flame angel I had been having issues with. It was fine and while I was treating the fish with metroplex and focus with Selcon and Garlic the fish stopped eating. It was a jerk would eat all the pellets.
it seemed it had something wrong under the gills. Or precisely the gills seamed burnet or an ulcer was formed but on both sides. The poor fish has to under go Copper treatment for almost more than 2 weeks.
Video link
Ammonia issues maybe as Calver said, also dont use garlic its bad for fish

OP
OP
R33f

R33f

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it would be consistent to that thing but this fish was fine and was in a tank 80 Gallons with a fox face fish. The tank was cycled. It went off food in almost end of September and it survived now itnwas constantly grazing on Diatoms.
Since few days it was spinning in circles. And today I found it was floating and acting more weirdly.

SlugSnorter

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it would be consistent to that thing but this fish was fine and was in a tank 80 Gallons with a fox face fish. The tank was cycled. It went off food in almost end of September and it survived now itnwas constantly grazing on Diatoms.
Since few days it was spinning in circles. And today I found it was floating and acting more weirdly.
Params?

OP
OP
R33f

R33f

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Salinity 1025
Ammonia 0
Nitrites 0
Phosphates tested with ULR Phosphate kit 0.06
When the fish was added to new tank from QT. It already developed something there but it was fine till the later part of internal parasite treatment with Metroplex.

Currently the tank is much mature.
1 Foxface
1 Carpenter Wrasse
1 Anthias
4 Chromis

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 26 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Other

Votes: 2 6.3%
Back