Flame Fairy Wrasse ready now!

Tide Pool Aquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Flame Wrasse are ready to go now!
All sizes are in stock. They've completed our 2 weeks of quarantine and are eating very well. If you'd like more information on our quarantine procedure, it's laid out here: https://www.tidepoolaquatics.com/pages/quarantine
If you have any questions, please email [email protected], text 310-600-4816, or submit a question on our website contact form.

Additional information can be found on our website:

final flame.jpeg

Flame Female.JPEG

IMG_1892.jpeg

IMG_1893.jpeg

IMG_1895.jpeg

IMG_1894.jpeg

IMG_1896.jpeg

IMG_1897.jpeg

Last edited:

FishyDave

View Badges
Reaction score
Love your photos!

I do have to say that a 2 week period is NOT a quarantine. The minimum time to call something QT is at least 45 days and if you want to be 100% QT you need more than 76 days which allows time for all diseases to show themselves. At best this is conditioned the same as LiveAquaria or Marine Collectors.

OP
Tide Pool Aquatics

Tide Pool Aquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Love your photos!

I do have to say that a 2 week period is NOT a quarantine. The minimum time to call something QT is at least 45 days and if you want to be 100% QT you need more than 76 days which allows time for all diseases to show themselves. At best this is conditioned the same as LiveAquaria or Marine Collectors.
I'm glad you like the photos!
The 2 week period is just a jumping off point for us. It's a minimum of 2 weeks observation as well as prophylactic treatments in chelated copper, praziquantel, and nitrofurazone. it's a fantastic start and allows the fish to settle in and begin eating. Typically, diseases show up on fish within 8 days of arrival. If they make it past this period, odds are they're not going to contract anything unless otherwise exposed. If a fish does contract a disease or infection under our care, the timeline resets and they need to be disease free an additional 2 weeks. It's ideal for the hobbyist to quarantine new arrivals for minimum of 6 weeks, but 76 days or more of housing, feeding, and medication is impractical for a business. That's why places like Liveaquaria and Marine Collectors sell quarantined fish that have been held and treated for only 2-4 weeks. We still believe that our protocols and procedures can be labeled "quarantine"

FishyDave

View Badges
Reaction score
You can't call something "quarantined" if you yourself are saying it should be QT at home for more days (6 weeks). Well, I guess you can and are, but that's just wrong. Just call it what it is then "Conditioning". Seems highly deceptive because new hobbyists will take you at your word, put these fish into a display tank and lose livestock. Sad.

The two week conditioning is awesome on it's own, not many are doing this and it is needed! Just be honest about where the fish is in a QT cycle so we all know what we should do next. Because, if people put these in their tanks straight from you and things die, word will get out.

OP
Tide Pool Aquatics

Tide Pool Aquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
You can't call something "quarantined" if you yourself are saying it should be QT at home for more days (6 weeks). Well, I guess you can and are, but that's just wrong. Just call it what it is then "Conditioning". Seems highly deceptive because new hobbyists will take you at your word, put these fish into a display tank and lose livestock. Sad.

The two week conditioning is awesome on it's own, not many are doing this and it is needed! Just be honest about where the fish is in a QT cycle so we all know what we should do next. Because, if people put these in their tanks straight from you and things die, word will get out.
I understand where you're coming from. I'm sorry for the confusion, as I've had this debate before about whether or not to name it conditioning or quarantining. Our procedure is laid out very clearly and we are very open about what we do to treat our fish. We're not simply labeling our fish as quarantined and leaving it at that. It's up to our customers what they do with the information we provide(whether or not they continue treatments is up to them). If anyone has any further questions about what medications we use, what we feed, how long we house certain fish, please feel free to leave a comment or reach out!

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time
View Badges
Reaction score
I understand where you're coming from. I'm sorry for the confusion, as I've had this debate before about whether or not to name it conditioning or quarantining. Our procedure is laid out very clearly and we are very open about what we do to treat our fish. We're not simply labeling our fish as quarantined and leaving it at that. It's up to our customers what they do with the information we provide(whether or not they continue treatments is up to them). If anyone has any further questions about what medications we use, what we feed, how long we house certain fish, please feel free to leave a comment or reach out!
I for one applaud this kind of transparency in this hobby. It's not often you see a ditributer tell you what they use, feed, and how long the fish has been "conditioned" to life in a tank. Or even tell you to call them for that information(i know LA won't tell you any of this other then the salinity they will arrive at, and they are often wrong about that).

Call it what you will, but if meds are used, then I would call it a quarrentine procedure to condition them to tank life. :D

tautog83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
i agree , my flame went down . im not really sure why ,d as he was fine for 3 months . was going to reorder one but i see the price went up quite a bit

OP
Tide Pool Aquatics

Tide Pool Aquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
i agree , my flame went down . im not really sure why ,d as he was fine for 3 months . was going to reorder one but i see the price went up quite a bit
I'm sorry about your flame! All of the fish prices have been adjusted since we revamped the fish holding systems and website. We're still offering 10% off for anyone who has placed an order in the past and is willing to write a review!

Westside Guy

View Badges
Reaction score
It should be noted that on your website you state:

"About Us:
Tide Pool Aquatics is a small business that specializes in offering aquarium conditioned WYSIWYG saltwater fish.
Our goal is simple, we want to supply fellow hobbyists with healthy specimens at an affordable price. "

Last edited:
OP
Tide Pool Aquatics

Tide Pool Aquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
It should be noted that on your website you state:

"About Us:
Tide Pool Aquatics is a small business that specializes in offering aquarium conditioned WYSIWYG saltwater fish.
Our goal is simple, we want to supply fellow hobbyists with healthy specimens at an affordable price. "
Good catch! Later today or tomorrow, we’ll post a thread comparing “conditioning” and “quarantining.” We want to hear more from you about what you think of our procedures and what it should be labeled as. We think it could be a fun topic and it’ll be helpful for us and our customers!

jschultzbass

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Love your photos!

I don't understand why people are getting bent about this. It is CLEARLY quarantine they are doing (unless you don't know what quarantine is). They are laying out their process so people who receive their items can do more if they wish. But what would be acceptable to you? 45 days, 76 days? a year? Did you become the authority on QT to say it has to be 45 days or it can't even be called that? Even if they QT'd for a year you should STILL QT yourself at home so them recommending that doesn't change anything.

Westside Guy

View Badges
Reaction score
Good catch! Later today or tomorrow, we’ll post a thread comparing “conditioning” and “quarantining.” We want to hear more from you about what you think of our procedures and what it should be labeled as. We think it could be a fun topic and it’ll be helpful for us and our customers!
I must commend you for the manner in which you are answering us as many other online sellers would have either gotten extremely defensive in nature or would have simply ignored the posts being made here.

1570649370480.png

TerraFerma

View Badges
Reaction score
Your QT sounds amazing to me - you actually hit everything prophylactically instead of just sitting on it for 30, 60, etc days and declaring it good to go if it hasn't broken out in ich/velvet.

FishyDave

View Badges
Reaction score
I don't understand why people are getting bent about this. It is CLEARLY quarantine they are doing (unless you don't know what quarantine is). They are laying out their process so people who receive their items can do more if they wish. But what would be acceptable to you? 45 days, 76 days? a year? Did you become the authority on QT to say it has to be 45 days or it can't even be called that? Even if they QT'd for a year you should STILL QT yourself at home so them recommending that doesn't change anything.
Let's just start with the definition of quarantine

quarantine
noun [ U ]

US

/ˈkwɑr·ənˌtin, ˈkwɔr-/

a period of time during which a person or animal that might have a disease is kept away from other people or animals so that the disease cannot spread:

In the saltwater hobby this is a minimum of 76 days with the veterinary recommendation being 90 days. 45 days clears everything but 1 disease.

Not sure what more information is needed or how much clearer this could be. Obviously you could say started qt, but beyond that the statement they are quarantined is not true.

I too applaud Blake for doing this and yes it is more than Liveaquaria tells us. It's just not 100% true.

OP
Tide Pool Aquatics

Tide Pool Aquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
We appreciate the support! You're also absolutely right that aquarists should always QT incoming fish regardless of the source. Shipping is the most stressful process we put our fish through, and it's beneficial to let them recuperate in an isolated tank. This is also a great time to observe for any stress induced illness.

OP
Tide Pool Aquatics

Tide Pool Aquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Your QT sounds amazing to me - you actually hit everything prophylactically instead of just sitting on it for 30, 60, etc days and declaring it good to go if it hasn't broken out in ich/velvet.
That's our goal! We've found that treating prophylactically has the best results. At this point, our fish loss rate is extremely low.

Which tank do you think is more functional for a family? (click to see photos)

• A. Fireplace Tank

Votes: 64 23.9%
  • B. Stair Tank

Votes: 15 5.6%
  • C. Bed Tank

Votes: 11 4.1%
  • D. Table Tank

Votes: 29 10.8%
  • E. Cabinet Tank

Votes: 149 55.6%

Online statistics

Members online