flametail blenny and bi color blenny

melonheadorion

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have to say, i love blenny's. however, the couple tail spot blennys i have added, just never made it. my bi color blenny is the first blenny i had, and i love him. lot of personality. generally, the tail spot blennys i have added, they usually were shown that the bi color is boss. "nope, thats my spot" to just about anywhere that the tail spot would go. never really attacked, but definately chased out of whatever area it was.
as of yesterday, i decided to get another blenny, but this time, a flame tail blenny, and just about the same size as my bi color, but the flame tail might be a bit smaller. the reaction between the two for these two species is different than what i have seen with the tail spots. my bi color didnt do anything, nor react in any way, to the flame tail, as it would have historically before. in fact, the flame tail has taken over the 2nd of the two popular places that the bi color loves to hang out in. even funnier, the flame tail made himself right at home in the bi colors main hole. as soon as i saw that i was saying to myself " oh man, thats not your hole, you better go". but, he just hung out in the hole. in fact, the bi color sat on the rock just on above him, and didnt give a care in the world. from what i have been told, blennys are a little teritorial, so it surprises me that they are as cordial as they are. i expected one to chase off the other, but they react to each other like they are completely different species. anyone ever had a pair of these that have had different results?

Back