Flasher Wrasse in QT. What Do You Think?

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is quite odd isn't it? You may try treating with the antibiotics if you haven't already. Between lympho and an infection, the infection is the only one you can treat for.

+1 There's something about that which is whispering infection.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok. I have Metroplex and Maracyn two on hand. Do you recommend those, or would kanaplex be better?

Metroplex + Kanaplex would be best. Maracyn 2 only treats gram negative bacterial infections; not gram positive ones.

OP
OP
sundog101

sundog101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright the treatment has kinda been on hold for a couple of weeks. Im using a biocube for QT and used rock rubble from my DT sump as the biofilter. Then I realized I could not treat with the rock in the back. I added bioballs and have slowly been removing the rock while watching ammonia.

The good news is that in that time one fin is completely clear and the other just has a really small spot.

Do you think I should still treat or see if it clears on its own (which it almost has)?

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright. For future reference, do antibiotics stress fish like copper would?

they can, but not for the same reasons. All medications will reduce the oxygen in the water and can reduce the bacteria population for a short time. Also, some fish just don't handle certain medications as well as others do.

OP
OP
sundog101

sundog101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just an update...

It cleared up pretty well, and I got him transferred to the DT. All is well so far. Thanks for the help!

IMG_1667.JPG

IMG_1674.PNG

Back