Flasher Wrasse Not Eating Stringy Feces

Huskymaniac

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Normally if I had to use Prazi in my display I would do it for 24 hours and then water change with carbon. Unfortunately I have a flasher wrasse with white stringy poops and it stopped eating so can't feed anything. Also no way I can catch this fish and I am not breaking down the reef to get it. I am going to try prazi as a last ditch effort. How long do I need to leave it in the water to be effective against internal worms? Does the same rules apply as if you were treating external flukes?

Old Fritz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Prazi recommends doing 4 doses that lasts a total of 28 days due to the life cycle of some parasites. If you can get him to eat at all i would try general cure bound to food as that will cover more than what prazi does

Mjrenz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately it doesn't sound like he has a good prognosis, general cure dosed in a qt would be more of a last ditch effort if he's not eating. The prazi dosed in the tank might possibly help but I'm not sure of a recommended time line because wrasses can be sensitive to prazi so make sure not to overdose. Also make sure you are aerating very heavily because prazi will reduce the available oxygen in the water. Some epsom salt dosed at 1tbsp per 5 gallons would be about the only other thing that I can think of trying

OP
OP
Huskymaniac

Huskymaniac

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately it doesn't sound like he has a good prognosis, general cure dosed in a qt would be more of a last ditch effort if he's not eating. The prazi dosed in the tank might possibly help but I'm not sure of a recommended time line because wrasses can be sensitive to prazi so make sure not to overdose. Also make sure you are aerating very heavily because prazi will reduce the available oxygen in the water. Some epsom salt dosed at 1tbsp per 5 gallons would be about the only other thing that I can think of trying

Usually once a fish stops eating its game over, at least in my experience. So we'll see. Hopefully it does something.

OP
OP
Huskymaniac

Huskymaniac

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So far no change but I am feeding metro laced food to everyone else and they are all eating it except for the Flasher. Not looking promising unfortunately. Knowing that I personally caught Fish TB I wonder if this may be my 1st fish to succumb to it. The thought will always be in the back of my mind. Unfortunately no way I can catch this.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 13 50.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 3.8%
Back