Flasher Wrasse not looking too good

ASIN28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, so my flasher wrasse has been hiding and tucked under rocks for the past 3 days and hasn’t come out to eat at all. I see he’s alive because I can see him moving through the rock work. 4 nights ago I found him laying down in the very bottom of the sand in the corner of the tank I thought he was dead but was not. This is the best picture I can get of him he came out for a few minutes and was acting really weird. There are no signs of ich or velvet, however he did seem to have a white coating in this picture that is very hard to see I know picture is bad but only one I could get. No recent additions recently at all and he was healthy ever since I got him a year ago.
Ammonia: 0
PO4: 1.2
Nitrates: 50
Alk: 8.8
Calcium: 420

Any advice appreciated,
thanks.

C091FD45-2FDC-4C5A-8861-E7807920F91F.jpeg

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He could just be covered in dust from his cave spelunking (really hard to tell from the image, sorry). Flasher wrasse are also overly dramatic, often acting like “OMG I’m dying!”

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, so my flasher wrasse has been hiding and tucked under rocks for the past 3 days and hasn’t come out to eat at all. I see he’s alive because I can see him moving through the rock work. 4 nights ago I found him laying down in the very bottom of the sand in the corner of the tank I thought he was dead but was not. This is the best picture I can get of him he came out for a few minutes and was acting really weird. There are no signs of ich or velvet, however he did seem to have a white coating in this picture that is very hard to see I know picture is bad but only one I could get. No recent additions recently at all and he was healthy ever since I got him a year ago.
Ammonia: 0
PO4: 1.2
Nitrates: 50
Alk: 8.8
Calcium: 420

Any advice appreciated,
thanks.

C091FD45-2FDC-4C5A-8861-E7807920F91F.jpeg

It is really touch to see anything under blue lights. Do you think you could get a short video taken under white lights?

Here is a link to some additional background info that helps try to figure these things out for folks:

That all said, when a long term captive "goes down" like this, there is rarely anything that can be done for it - chronic conditions like mycobacterium are common, but untreatable. Are all the other fish looking o.k.? Have you added any animals to the tank recently?

Jay

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 33.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 13 16.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back