Flashing clown

britnicole1724

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was feeding my clownfish tonight and noticed my male clown is pretty pale. Seemed to of happened quickly as he looked fine this morning.

Upon further watching, he seems like he’s flashing? I’ve never had a fish do this so I’m not sure what it looks like but he’s swimming really quickly against the glass. My female is bright orange and looks great.
We quarantined these guys for 40 days with no problems. Cycled our tank and put them in. They’ve been in for about a week now.
We just went and bought our next fish to quarantine… I don’t know what to do. I know I need to get the male out but I don’t know if it would be smart to put him with the others we just got.

I’m worried if I separate them it’ll cause more stress reintroducing the two after 30 days. They seem pretty bonded together.
am I safe to medicate my DT??? We have 2 snails and a cleaner shrimp

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I was feeding my clownfish tonight and noticed my male clown is pretty pale. Seemed to of happened quickly as he looked fine this morning.

Upon further watching, he seems like he’s flashing? I’ve never had a fish do this so I’m not sure what it looks like but he’s swimming really quickly against the glass. My female is bright orange and looks great.
We quarantined these guys for 40 days with no problems. Cycled our tank and put them in. They’ve been in for about a week now.
We just went and bought our next fish to quarantine… I don’t know what to do. I know I need to get the male out but I don’t know if it would be smart to put him with the others we just got.

I’m worried if I separate them it’ll cause more stress reintroducing the two after 30 days. They seem pretty bonded together.
am I safe to medicate my DT??? We have 2 snails and a cleaner shrimp
Pi’s under white light would be very helpful in assessment. Stating pale and flashing are symptoms of Brooklynella which is a common clown disease treated with formalin based meds

OP
OP
britnicole1724

britnicole1724

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pi’s under white light would be very helpful in assessment. Stating pale and flashing are symptoms of Brooklynella which is a common clown disease treated with formalin based meds
Outside of those symptoms he doesn’t have anything else that would go hand in hand with brooklynella, I was thinking internal parasite? I haven’t seen any poop in the tank to see if it’s white and stringy though.

Back