Flashing

To(meany)Tang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone so I found out my blue hippo had flukes and treated with prazipro 90% dose. He is in the tank with 6 other fish which have never shown signs of any illness..Today is day 3 and all my fish started flashing like almost simultaneously and I don't know if this is normal...they are eating alot and are swimming happy and my blue hippo looks almost perfect again..but now just all of them flashing starting today

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hey everyone so I found out my blue hippo had flukes and treated with prazipro 90% dose. He is in the tank with 6 other fish which have never shown signs of any illness..Today is day 3 and all my fish started flashing like almost simultaneously and I don't know if this is normal...they are eating alot and are swimming happy and my blue hippo looks almost perfect again..but now just all of them flashing starting today
When did you begin Prazi treatment and dosage bring to 95%.
Also if not doing so- Add air stone for added oxygen and what size tank are these fish in?
Can you provide a video under white lighting at least 35 seconds in length?

OP
OP
To(meany)Tang

To(meany)Tang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey vetteguy.. so I decided to wait and just observe and decided to do a water change yesterday being day 5 of treatment with prazipro and switched to general cure yesterday because I read it was alot easier on the fish. I don't know if I misread but after dosing GC yesterday now today there's no more flashing but now I see I think is flukes on my blue hippos eye and on my gold rims eye. Why did this happen? Is there any way I can do a water change and switch back to prazipro? I didn't have this issue when using prazi. I will post pics below hopefully you can view them. If you could please give me advice I would be so thankful.

OP
OP
To(meany)Tang

To(meany)Tang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gold rim

Attachments

• 20230120_144933.jpg
    20230120_144933.jpg
    220.5 KB · Views: 43
  • 20230120_144840.jpg
    20230120_144840.jpg
    198.1 KB · Views: 40
OP
OP
To(meany)Tang

To(meany)Tang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also if not doing so- Add air stone for added oxygen and what size tank are these fish in?
The gold rim has it above his eye fairly large.. the blue hippo has it directly on the eye ..also fairly large. They were both good yesterday no spots

OP
OP
To(meany)Tang

To(meany)Tang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow I don't know but in a matter of minutes. After I just wrote my reply the large white spot on my blue hippos eye is gone.. gold rim still has large white bump above eye. Could the medicine be working or the flukes dropping off to reproduce?

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow I don't know but in a matter of minutes. After I just wrote my reply the large white spot on my blue hippos eye is gone.. gold rim still has large white bump above eye. Could the medicine be working or the flukes dropping off to reproduce?

Flukes don't drop off to reproduce, but Prazipro and GC will cause them to turn more opaque and then fall off - I'm wondering if that is what you are seeing?

Jay

OP
OP
To(meany)Tang

To(meany)Tang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Flukes don't drop off to reproduce, but Prazipro and GC will cause them to turn more opaque and then fall off - I'm wondering if that is what you are seeing?

Jay
Okay that's very informative thank you. I'm hoping that's whats happening. The gold rim still has it above the eye but not flashing and no problems eating everything in sight.. I will continue to observe and chime back in within a day or two with progress. What I can say is you and vetteguy have helped me so much since I joined the reef family and I'm very grateful thank you!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back