Flat Worm Problem

StrayAmoeba

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a flat worm infestation problem and am currently looking for solutions. I didn't realize how big of a problem it was... I've looked into Flatworm Exit but I want to make sure I do it right and dont nuke my tank in the process. I know to try to suck out as many as possible before using the product but this doesn't seem to be working very well at the moment. Any tips on doing this? Also there are a fair amount on the sand in between the rocks and I cant remove the worms without taking the majority of the sand with it. Any tips from anyone who has had to deal with this?

I plan to add a 6 line or wrasse of some sort for control in the future and I also dip all of my corals now... lessons learned the hard way

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Make flatworm exit your last resort
Siphoning frequently is very effective. In the process, you must also check daily for signs of eggs which are really tiny.
Second option is addition of wrasse such as yellow coris, 6 lined, lunare or melanurus which will eat them.
With flatworm exit, dose 85% of recommended. You MUST siphon the dead ones daily as they can release toxins

Midrats

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Springer's are great. I've found most Chrysiptera damsels to snack on them. My Starcki loves them. Flatworm Exit didn't work for me, even after increased additional doses they always came back. It also took out all my Stomatella and lots of micro stars. Stay away.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.4%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 73 51.4%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 31 21.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.3%
Back