Flatworm ID

Mattyreefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone identify what type of flatworm this is? Looks similar to the acoel flatworm in the stickied thread which suggests mostly harmless. Noticed one single worm on the glass two days ago just before lights came in. Then one more yesterday and now three this morning.

Trying to build my pod population back up after a dino outbreak and wondering if they're eating them.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Acoel or glass flatworm although the lesser in harm can be a problem in numbers as they can smother coral and block the light that produces zooxanthelle which is food source for many coral
Siphon out with 3/8” tubing into a nylon stocking or add a wrasse such as yellow coris, 6 line or lunare which will eat them

OP
OP
Mattyreefs

Mattyreefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Acoel or glass flatworm although the lesser in harm can be a problem in numbers as they can smother coral and block the light that produces zooxanthelle which is food source for many coral
Siphon out with 3/8” tubing into a nylon stocking or add a wrasse such as yellow coris, 6 line or lunare which will eat them
Thanks, going to keep siphoning them as I see them. Think six line is the only thing I could fit in my tank but not sure I want to go that route unless it gets really bad.

Back