Floating lights using 1515 T slot aluminum and Radion G5

dbleoh7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm building a stand for a 48" x 18" x 14" peninsula and doing a floating light system exactly like below from ReefDudes:

I'm using a G5 Radion XR15 in the middle and 1 AI prime on either side (SPS in middle, softies on the sides). I'm not sure how I'm going to connect the G5 to the 1515 aluminum though since I don't think the X bracket fits the new Radion G5s... Any ideas on how I would get the G5 to fit the T slot aluminum? I'm thinking I might just have to switch to 3 AI primes instead because of mounting issues with the Radion, but not sure how well the SPS will do in the middle under them.

BlennyTime

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you buy an aluminum sheet from the hardware store, you should be able to make a custom mount that can hold the radion and fit in the track. Depending on the tools and DIY experience you have.

OP
OP
dbleoh7

dbleoh7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you buy an aluminum sheet from the hardware store, you should be able to make a custom mount that can hold the radion and fit in the track. Depending on the tools and DIY experience you have.
Unfortunately I wouldn't be able to cut metal

skydirt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you could buy the plastic radion mount and just drill a whole in the center and put your t-slot bolt through it. Then it would slide wherever you wanted

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 141 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back