Flow discussion for, Fusion | 15 AIO Cube Aquarium

feresadas

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have recently pre-ordered the Fusion | 15 AIO Cube Aquarium, and it comes with an Adjustable 130 GPH DC Return Pump 5W/24V, my goal is to have a euphilia based tank, which to my understanding need 40-100x turnover. so with a 15 gallon tank my required GPH flow would be = (15gx40-100)= either 600-1500 GPH of flow total in my tank correct? so I either need to add a powerhead capable of 600ish GPH or upgrade my pump? it seems like powerheads that strong are 2-3x the price, does anyone have good recommendations for this?

Nano sapiens

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, no, you don't need 40-100x gph turnover flow for LPS like Euphyllia. These numbers are more for a high energy SPS (Acropora) dominated system.

Generally, 20x is a better number with LPS IME. However, that is not a fixed number rule as the shape of the tank, how many obstructions to flow come into play determine the actual flow rate needed.

Best way to describe proper flow is to look at the fully extended coral. You want the corals to 'sway in the breeze', rather than look like they are in a hurricane. Of the Euphyllia species, Torches are known to like a bit more flow.

tydeck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m running the mighty jet 538 on my IM 15 cube.

Fits easily and have pretty of room for growth. Running it at 1.4 setting. 350gph

Lots of flow

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back