Flower anemone? Or no

Justanotherfishweirdo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Crappy photos so I’m not expecting too much...
I got given a bunch of live rock from an established tank. It’s full of BTAs so I combed over every rock that wouldn’t fit and removed all nems. This tank had been running for years and years.
I found two or three other nems but that I can’t identify. The base of them is far different to others I’ve seen. Their foot is harder, more rounded like a bulb. They appear to have Been there a while and had not spread. I found three. One pic is the larger one alone. Pics blurry cause I have clung film over it with holes for aration in a diy morph saver. Other pic has a snowflake bta next to one.

Unlikely to be majanos as this tank is years old and they didn’t spread.

DB4E88F5-6395-4E8C-B7FB-764E91DAEFEC.jpeg 7F4A21EA-1810-4252-B633-677B836F5279.jpeg 4436551D-8408-4AE2-920E-706F6944C787.jpeg

OP
OP
Justanotherfishweirdo

Justanotherfishweirdo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The plastic bag really impedes the view but it kind of looks like a ball nem...but I don't know if they come in that color.?.
After doing some read watch and then taking into consideration it was found on the underside of a rock where it wouldn’t have had any direct light I am thinking this is not it’s true colour. The guy also uses natural sea water. So I guess it’s also possible that it’s a wild one from my local area which makes me think it could be a jewel or maybe even a Waratah anemone since we are about an hour out of Sydney.

I’m thinking of taking it out of the display and putting it in a nano tank I’ve got up and running as a clownfish breeding tank. At least then I’d be able to see it better and get some clearer photos. I’ll be sure to post them tonight once I’ve moved it.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 145 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back