Flowlikewater’s JBJ 28

flowlikewater

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,
I have been keeping mixed reef tanks since around 07 but I’m new to the site. I’ve had a few different display tanks over the years but for the past few have been running a JBJ 28. I had a pair of clowns, from 2007 and about a year or two ago lost the female. I didn’t have much in the tank besides the clowns and a few other things but just let it go. I still fed, occasional water change etc. but nothing to bring this tank to its full potential. I was running eBay LEDs for probably around 8 years and they finally burnt out. Instead of replacing the LEDs, I just replaced the entire light. This got the ball rolling again and slowly, it’s starting to come back together. I just picked up another clown for my old male. I was hesitant to do this because he’s grumpy and goes after my hand sometimes. The new clown is only the size of a nickel and they seem to be getting along.

Tank: JBJ28 with hood/media basket removed. I do have chemipure elite in the rear chamber
Stand: Custom built from wood
Controller: Reefkeeper 2
Light: Ai prime 16
Power heads: Vortech Mp10 QD (x2)
Return pump: Maxijet 1200
Skimmer: Tunze 9004 (currently uninstalled)
ATO: Autoaqua smart ATO (currently uninstalled)

Livestock:
Fish:
Clownfish (x2)
Inverts:
Sexy shrimp (x7)
Randalli pistol shrimp
Rock anemone (x5)
A mixture of a few different snails and hermits
Corals:
Ricordea, mushrooms, zoathids, sun coral, torch, galaxea and a couple others

Planning on adding more coral and possibly a yasha goby or pair in the future. In the far future I would like to upgrade this to something bigger, with low iron glass and go back to having a sump, but that won’t be anytime soon.

DB181A68-C0D7-453A-A11F-0EFDBF136AF2.jpeg

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
#WelcometoR2R!!! Glad to hear that this tank is coming together again!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back