FLSharks 120 build

Discussion in 'Member Tanks' started by FLSharkvictim, Jul 26, 2018.

1. FLSharkvictim

FLSharkvictim Marine Conservationists R2R Supporter Tampa Bay Reef Keepers Build Thread Contributor West Palm Beach Reefer

Many thanks @Land Shark!! I just thought it was time to at least put up my 120 build thread before I start busting it down! Ones i get my new sump and sell most of my coral, I will go ahead and start my new one for my SCA 150 rimless display!

2. Land Shark

Land Shark Valuable Member R2R Supporter Tampa Bay Reef Keepers Build Thread Contributor

Why are you selling most of your corals?

siggy likes this.
  3. FLSharkvictim

FLSharkvictim Marine Conservationists R2R Supporter Tampa Bay Reef Keepers Build Thread Contributor West Palm Beach Reefer

All coral and fish that I have left for sale is for pick up only! The rock is cycling in a massive Brute garage can with a powerhead.
    I mainly have most of the coral already gone, I would really like to sell the live rock .. I can ship that anywhere is the US!
    i HAVE ABOUT 30 POUNDS OF Old School Tonga Branch that was banned for export in the mid 2000's and I have around 50 lbs of Ultra Premium Fiji!
    Big pcs / Show pcs / Small pcs / etc etc

Fiji.JPG

Tonga#6.JPG

Ultra Fiji3.JPG

Ultra Fiji1.JPG

4. FLSharkvictim

Here some more coral that I already got rid of, nothing special!!

DSC01136.JPG

DSC01126.JPG

DSC01036.JPG

21122525_10214504324430573_5784211325505097985_o.jpg

Lilmatty5dimes and Dsnakes like this.
  5. FLSharkvictim

This was the last recent Photo of the Tank before I started slowing selling everything off so I can start build my new SCA 150. All my Tangs out grew this 120 so I had to give them a much bigger home if you know what i mean! I bought them when there were all Juveniles.

Taken: 06/25/18

Newtankpix.JPG

*** FYI, MY Custom Rimless SCA 150 BUILD THREAD WILL HOPEFULLY BE UP IN THE NEXT FEW MONTHS ***

Please feel free to stay connected with me and hit the like button: https://www.facebook.com/FLSharkvictim

or

My FlShark Reef Channel that will be up and running here soon. Their are already a few videos that i have done on my mixing station and a few reviews I did on some reef gear. I am going to be starting my FLShark SCA 150 build Epi. 001 in the next few days..
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheSharkvictim/videos?view_as=subscriber

I'm out,
    FLShark

Last edited: Jul 28, 2018
  6. curt creelman

curt creelman Member

What an incredible build. Your SCA tank is going to be insane. And it looks like all GHL stuff. NIIIIIIIIIICE. WIsh we could all afford those little niceties. Ar you building an electronic enclosure for your hardware?

Dsnakes and FLSharkvictim like this.
  7. curt creelman

curt creelman Member

FLSharkvictim likes this.
  8. curt creelman

curt creelman Member

Amazing build FlSharks. The 150 will be insane. Everything looks so healthy too. Your SCA tank is going to be so niiiiiiiiice. And it looks like you are gonna use al GHL gear. Wish we could afford such niceties! Are you gonna build an enclosure for you hardware components?

Last edited: Jul 30, 2018
  9. curt creelman

curt creelman Member

Holy Cow....pretty awesome !

10. FLSharkvictim

@curt creelman - This is one mature tank skip boy wonder, let me tell ya! It's been up and running since 1994! I had a really good run with this tank and learned a ton over the last decided on how to keep these amazing SPS / LPS Corals..

Ones, I get my NEW sump from @Synergy, I will be buying 1st is the new CoralVue Klir filter system so i never have to change another filter sock again. It will be totally automated just like how you see in the picture below with the Motor. The Klir filter will hold up to about 20 up 30 days worth until you have to change out the filter roll that only coast $10.00.. The Klir will be priced around the $300.00 range which will go right into your filter sock holes. Klir will have them available for 4'' & 7'' sock holes for your sumps. I will be just getting 1 Klir 4'' model for my Synergy SS-44.

Klir Filter system
    klirfilter_sump_side_1.jpg
    SYNERGY - SS-44'' W/ 3 1.5'' drains
    SS-44Red-Black.png
    SYNERGY MATCHING 10 GALLON ATO CONTAINER
    Red_Mercury ato.jpg

Last edited: Jul 28, 2018
    leahfiish, TheSchwenkster and Dsnakes like this.
  11. Dsnakes

Dsnakes Knight Reefer R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Reef Squad Partner Member 2019 Reef Tank 365 Hospitality Award Build Thread Contributor

Great work :) keep it up!

FLSharkvictim and Flippers4pups like this.
  12. leahfiish

leahfiish Valuable Member R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award R2R Secret Santa Build Thread Contributor

Following!

13. FLSharkvictim

As mentioned in my very first post, I will be starting my SCA 150 thread here in the few months. I just want to get my sump and my ATO container 1st! I know with the Blk & Red Mercury color sumps are on back order and normally take 4-5 weeks to build and the matching 10 gallon Synergy ATO storage container but it will be well worth it (TRSUT ME) If you ever had a pleasure of seeing one you will understand. Ones I get the SS-44'' sump, I can start hard plumbing my Synergy 20" external overflow box that will run 3 of my 1.5inch drains and for the returns I will be going with 1'' and for my returns they will be 1 '' with Cepex ball valves and 2 Wye Check Valves:

BOTTOMCABINETOFTHE 150.JPG

ExternalOverflow#2.jpg

1'' Returns.JPG

1.5drains.JPG

14. FLSharkvictim

As far as my 120, I need to sell it and and sell everything ASAP since I dont have a QT tank! I have a buddy and my LFS holding my Ultra Blue Clam and and my Powder Blue Tang. All Coral must go!
    Plus, I have around 35 lbs of Old School Tonga Branch Live rock that you no longer can get since it's was banned for export out of the Tonga Islands in the mid 2000's. I have small pcs, Large and medium piece's available.
    Also, have around 50lbs of Ultra Premium Fiji lIVE ROCK that curing currently right now which is totally covered in Coraline Algae.

Also, all fish been acclimated to this tank now for over a year!

****If anyone can help me sell ALL of my live rock which can be shipped anywhere in the US, i will SEND $50 dollars directly to your PAYPAL ACCOUNT **** If anyone is interested, PM me for prices if you want to help:

Here is the list that I have left over to sale & a few pictures:

All Glass 120 Tank (48''x24''x24'') Canopy, Stand and a 10 month old Custom Sump:

FISH

Clownfish - Small/Medium (Amphiprion ocellaris)
    Flame Angle: Size: (Centropyge loricula) Meduim/Large:
    Purpleback Pseudochromis: 3-4'' $20.00
    Blue Green Reef Chromis (Chromis viridis) Adult
    Pajama Cardinalfish (Sphaeramia nematoptera) Adult : SOLD IN A PAIR OF 2 -

Inverts:
    Banded Cleaner Shrimp (Stenopus hispidus)
    Mexican Turbo Snails (Turbo fluctuosa) (large)

Corals -SPS / LPS
    LPS - Psammocora - Mean Green Psammocora - 3-4" Colony
    LPS -Hammer XL Colony:
    SPS - Bali Green Slimer Acro Coral small Colony
    SPS - Tenuis Acro - 3'' Small Colony
    SPS - Reef Raft (Wolverine) Acro 2 1/2'' & budding
    SPS - Rainbow Tenuis Acro - 3" Large Frag
    SPS - Spongodes Montipora 1-2'' FRAGS - qty 5

Liverock:

Ultra Fiji Premium Live Rock thats covered in Coraline Algae:

I have large, small and medium pcs available.

Tonga Branch Old School Live rock:
    I have large, small and medium pcs available.

pm me for pixs and prices?

Last edited: Aug 1, 2018
  15. Lilmatty5dimes

Lilmatty5dimes Valuable Member R2R Supporter

Dang man I wish I saw this before I did my aquascape. I've been looking for tonga branches and gave up looking. lol wish my 120 was ready. Need to fill it up with coral.

16. curt creelman

curt creelman Member

Matt puts so much work and love into his tank. I go over to his house every weekend and he is trying to get a brand new 150 up and running. Keep his old tank happy and healthy. And install a 6 stage RODI with a second membrane upgrade (its more complicated than the Space Station) plumb his new tank from scratch...have an new sump custom built. oh and get all of the water supply tubes run thru his house and out to his garage where his salt water mixing station is. I wonder if the clam and the other "little guys: in the tank appreciate what he is doing. Sometimes, I think they are ALIENS and they are smarter than us. After all....WE are the ones doing THEIR BIDDING :)

Last edited: Jul 30, 2018
  17. curt creelman

curt creelman Member

FLSharks new 150 is going to be so bad to the bone.I hope I win the coral contest for him :)

Last edited: Aug 2, 2018
  18. curt creelman

curt creelman Member

19. curt creelman

curt creelman Member

Can't believe my boy was almost EATEN BY A SHARK ! Ok, well, that was kind like a fish story, but he was bitten but the shark showed mercy. So Please, no catching sharks ok. We all just watched shark week and we need all the sharks we can get to keep the system healthy and vibrant.

20. FLSharkvictim

Here are some pictures of my SPS Corals & LPS that i currently have in my current 120 deep. Instead of selling or giving away this coral that I have been growing for the last year on some of these frags, i am going to go out and buy decent QT tank which would be perfecto for holding all of my corals and inverts until my new 150 cycles.

Bali Green Slimer Acropora
    2 green silmmers SPS.JPG
    LPS / Neon Green ACAN
    acan neon green.JPG
    BailXL.JPG
    LPS LARGE Colony Hammer
    IMG_7101.JPG
    Sponogodes Frags @ 1month
    Sponogodes Frags.jpg
    DSC01390.JPG