OP
FLSharkvictim

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Many thanks @Land Shark!! I just thought it was time to at least put up my 120 build thread before I start busting it down! Ones i get my new sump and sell most of my coral, I will go ahead and start my new one for my SCA 150 rimless display!

Land Shark

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Many thanks @Land Shark!! I just thought it was time to at least put up my 120 build thread before I start busting it down! Ones i get my new sump and sell most of my coral, I will go ahead and start my new one for my SCA 150 rimless display!
Why are you selling most of your corals?

OP
OP
FLSharkvictim

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why are you selling most of your corals?

All coral and fish that I have left for sale is for pick up only! The rock is cycling in a massive Brute garage can with a powerhead.
I mainly have most of the coral already gone, I would really like to sell the live rock .. I can ship that anywhere is the US!
i HAVE ABOUT 30 POUNDS OF Old School Tonga Branch that was banned for export in the mid 2000's and I have around 50 lbs of Ultra Premium Fiji!
Big pcs / Show pcs / Small pcs / etc etc

Fiji.JPG

Tonga#6.JPG

Ultra Fiji3.JPG

Ultra Fiji1.JPG

OP
OP
FLSharkvictim

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was the last recent Photo of the Tank before I started slowing selling everything off so I can start build my new SCA 150. All my Tangs out grew this 120 so I had to give them a much bigger home if you know what i mean! I bought them when there were all Juveniles.

Taken: 06/25/18

Newtankpix.JPG

*** FYI, MY Custom Rimless SCA 150 BUILD THREAD WILL HOPEFULLY BE UP IN THE NEXT FEW MONTHS ***

Please feel free to stay connected with me and hit the like button: https://www.facebook.com/FLSharkvictim

or

My FlShark Reef Channel that will be up and running here soon. Their are already a few videos that i have done on my mixing station and a few reviews I did on some reef gear. I am going to be starting my FLShark SCA 150 build Epi. 001 in the next few days..
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheSharkvictim/videos?view_as=subscriber

I'm out,
FLShark

Last edited:

curt creelman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What an incredible build. Your SCA tank is going to be insane. And it looks like all GHL stuff. NIIIIIIIIIICE. WIsh we could all afford those little niceties. Ar you building an electronic enclosure for your hardware?

curt creelman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazing build FlSharks. The 150 will be insane. Everything looks so healthy too. Your SCA tank is going to be so niiiiiiiiice. And it looks like you are gonna use al GHL gear. Wish we could afford such niceties! Are you gonna build an enclosure for you hardware components?

Last edited:

curt creelman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was the last recent Photo of the Tank before I started slowing selling everything off so I can start build my new SCA 150. All my Tangs out grew this 120 so I had to give them a much bigger home if you know what i mean! I bought them when there were all Juveniles.

Taken: 06/25/18

Newtankpix.JPG

*** FYI, MY Custom Rimless SCA 150 BUILD THREAD WILL HOPEFULLY BE UP IN THE NEXT FEW MONTHS ***

Please feel free to stay connected with me and hit the like button: https://www.facebook.com/FLSharkvictim

or

My FlShark Reef Channel that will be up and running here soon. Their are already a few videos that i have done on my mixing station and a few reviews I did on some reef gear. I am going to be starting my FLShark SCA 150 build Epi. 001 in the next few days..
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheSharkvictim/videos?view_as=subscriber

I'm out,
FLShark
Holy Cow....pretty awesome !

OP
OP
FLSharkvictim

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@curt creelman - This is one mature tank skip boy wonder, let me tell ya! It's been up and running since 1994! I had a really good run with this tank and learned a ton over the last decided on how to keep these amazing SPS / LPS Corals..

Ones, I get my NEW sump from @Synergy, I will be buying 1st is the new CoralVue Klir filter system so i never have to change another filter sock again. It will be totally automated just like how you see in the picture below with the Motor. The Klir filter will hold up to about 20 up 30 days worth until you have to change out the filter roll that only coast $10.00.. The Klir will be priced around the $300.00 range which will go right into your filter sock holes. Klir will have them available for 4'' & 7'' sock holes for your sumps. I will be just getting 1 Klir 4'' model for my Synergy SS-44.

Klir Filter system
klirfilter_sump_side_1.jpg

SYNERGY - SS-44'' W/ 3 1.5'' drains
SS-44Red-Black.png

SYNERGY MATCHING 10 GALLON ATO CONTAINER
Red_Mercury ato.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
FLSharkvictim

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As mentioned in my very first post, I will be starting my SCA 150 thread here in the few months. I just want to get my sump and my ATO container 1st! I know with the Blk & Red Mercury color sumps are on back order and normally take 4-5 weeks to build and the matching 10 gallon Synergy ATO storage container but it will be well worth it (TRSUT ME) If you ever had a pleasure of seeing one you will understand. Ones I get the SS-44'' sump, I can start hard plumbing my Synergy 20" external overflow box that will run 3 of my 1.5inch drains and for the returns I will be going with 1'' and for my returns they will be 1 '' with Cepex ball valves and 2 Wye Check Valves:

BOTTOMCABINETOFTHE 150.JPG

ExternalOverflow#2.jpg

1'' Returns.JPG

1.5drains.JPG

OP
OP
FLSharkvictim

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As far as my 120, I need to sell it and and sell everything ASAP since I dont have a QT tank! I have a buddy and my LFS holding my Ultra Blue Clam and and my Powder Blue Tang. All Coral must go!
Plus, I have around 35 lbs of Old School Tonga Branch Live rock that you no longer can get since it's was banned for export out of the Tonga Islands in the mid 2000's. I have small pcs, Large and medium piece's available.
Also, have around 50lbs of Ultra Premium Fiji lIVE ROCK that curing currently right now which is totally covered in Coraline Algae.

Also, all fish been acclimated to this tank now for over a year!

****If anyone can help me sell ALL of my live rock which can be shipped anywhere in the US, i will SEND $50 dollars directly to your PAYPAL ACCOUNT **** If anyone is interested, PM me for prices if you want to help:

Here is the list that I have left over to sale & a few pictures:

All Glass 120 Tank (48''x24''x24'') Canopy, Stand and a 10 month old Custom Sump:

FISH

Clownfish - Small/Medium (Amphiprion ocellaris)
Flame Angle: Size: (Centropyge loricula) Meduim/Large:
Purpleback Pseudochromis: 3-4'' $20.00
Blue Green Reef Chromis (Chromis viridis) Adult
Pajama Cardinalfish (Sphaeramia nematoptera) Adult : SOLD IN A PAIR OF 2 -

Inverts:
Banded Cleaner Shrimp (Stenopus hispidus)
Mexican Turbo Snails (Turbo fluctuosa) (large)

Corals -SPS / LPS
LPS - Psammocora - Mean Green Psammocora - 3-4" Colony
LPS -Hammer XL Colony:
SPS - Bali Green Slimer Acro Coral small Colony
SPS - Tenuis Acro - 3'' Small Colony
SPS - Reef Raft (Wolverine) Acro 2 1/2'' & budding
SPS - Rainbow Tenuis Acro - 3" Large Frag
SPS - Spongodes Montipora 1-2'' FRAGS - qty 5

Liverock:

Ultra Fiji Premium Live Rock thats covered in Coraline Algae:

I have large, small and medium pcs available.

Tonga Branch Old School Live rock:
I have large, small and medium pcs available.

pm me for pixs and prices?

Last edited:

curt creelman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Matt puts so much work and love into his tank. I go over to his house every weekend and he is trying to get a brand new 150 up and running. Keep his old tank happy and healthy. And install a 6 stage RODI with a second membrane upgrade (its more complicated than the Space Station) plumb his new tank from scratch...have an new sump custom built. oh and get all of the water supply tubes run thru his house and out to his garage where his salt water mixing station is. I wonder if the clam and the other "little guys: in the tank appreciate what he is doing. Sometimes, I think they are ALIENS and they are smarter than us. After all....WE are the ones doing THEIR BIDDING :)

Last edited:

curt creelman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everybody! I am going to be doing two different threads since I have had a 120 gallon Mixed reef tank up and running for over 19 years and have finally made the upgrade to a Custom Rimless SCA 150 but I will mention that ones it's completed but in the mean time, I want to do this thread for my current tank that has been running for quite a while noe which its my 120 mixed reef! Little info and back ground about me, I have been a keeping reef tanks for over 20 years now. I first started out with a 30 gallon in 1990 with a under gravel system as my filtration..lol boy those were the days...I mean the wet dry system were out of my league at the time and I believe they just had came out... My next saltwater tank was 55 gallon with wet dry system with bio balls and mainly filled with Live rock rock and a couple of soft corals, Clown Fish and mainly tangs, triggers, etc etc. I was mostly self taught up until I got a part time Job @ a Local Reef Store. After working there for just a few months I was moved over to the saltwater department and gained a ton of experience for the next 3 years to come. I was testing water and telling people what fish are reef save and which ones were not, bagging up fish which helped me know my types of fish and which ones were reef safe and which ones were not. I read a lot of saltwater books and tried to educate myself as best I could. Another positive working at my LFS i GOT A ton of hands experience with plumbing as well since we plumbed a lot of tanks at the fish store for our clients. Right before I moved on from the saltwater fish store I had around 10 clients where I was maintaining there tanks for them and cleaning them and doing monthly water changes for them. I have been avid aquarium hobbyist that has spent almost the entirety of my life fully immersed in the aquarium industry. From working as an aquarium service technician in my local aquarium shop and getting chance to maintain some of our clients tanks was a great hands on experiences... With that being said I took that experience with me and started my adventure into reef keeping and growing corals. I have always had a love & passion for the ocean and it's inhabitants, since I was born and raised right on the water my entire life over in the Tampabay area. I have have had the privilege of diving on some of the most beautiful dive wrecks & reefs around the world and really getting a chance to view these corals in their natural environment so Instantly i was hooked and thats basically how it all started for me in this hobby! Also, I have a very strong connection with the ocean and the amazing creature that live down in the Abyss since the unthinkable happen to me @ Sebastian Inlet which only 12 shark attacks that happened in the State of FL and I was one of the 12... Anyways, I made CNN, & 5 newspapers the day after Thanksgiving from the attack that happen to me. The shark basically shot straight up and bite my right arm and mangled 3 out of my 5 fingers which where pretty tour up from the compression of the sharks bite.. I will never forget that moment of feeling a few thousand pounds of pressure coming down on your right hand and finger, it hurt like hell , let me tell you. Where I was attacked by a shark surfing on the east Coast of FL in 1992 was in Melbourne ,FL. I might not be here posting this thread right now if it was not for my best friend who was in the water with me at the time help me get back to shore and on our way to the hospital b.c i don't think i could have paddled back in by myself since were out 100 yrd.

Here are a few pictures of my right hand after i got released from the hospital and before they did two differnt operations in order to remove the sharks teeth that will still imbedded in my fingers. Long story short, I had around 80 stitches in my fingers and right forearm. From the bite marks the shark was estimated to be around the 6 or 7 ft range which is a pretty big shark in my opinion. Please see below for the original story that the St Pete times did on me and what all took place that day I almost lost my life due to an unprovoked shark attack. PLEASE REMEMBER, sharks can't see very good and all this shark was doing was chumming through the water & made a mistake by attacking me, and as soon as the shark started to pull me under & off my surfe board , the shark new it was not want he wanted so he let go. After that I jump back on my board and my buddy yelled SHARKKKKK!!!! . All my documents can be found on INTERNATIONAL SHARK ATTACK FILE or clicking this link below:
https://www.floridamuseum.ufl.edu/shark-attacks/trends/

So now that you know how I came up with my screen name let's move on to my 120 mixed reef.
11-25-1992
Original st pete times attack.png

The other side of my Arm was worse
right hand afterattack.png

My 120 Tank @ 3 yrs old
3yr tank.jpg

Tank @ 5yrs old / MAINLY ROCK AND FISH ONLY
TANK PIX OF 2013.jpg

curt creelman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't believe my boy was almost EATEN BY A SHARK ! Ok, well, that was kind like a fish story, but he was bitten but the shark showed mercy. So Please, no catching sharks ok. We all just watched shark week and we need all the sharks we can get to keep the system healthy and vibrant.

OP
OP
FLSharkvictim

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are some pictures of my SPS Corals & LPS that i currently have in my current 120 deep. Instead of selling or giving away this coral that I have been growing for the last year on some of these frags, i am going to go out and buy decent QT tank which would be perfecto for holding all of my corals and inverts until my new 150 cycles.

Bali Green Slimer Acropora
2 green silmmers SPS.JPG

LPS / Neon Green ACAN
acan neon green.JPG

BailXL.JPG

LPS LARGE Colony Hammer
IMG_7101.JPG

Sponogodes Frags @ 1month
Sponogodes Frags.jpg

DSC01390.JPG

Sponogodes Frags after 4 months
DSC01206.JPG

Last edited:

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 33 60.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 14 25.5%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 1.8%
Back