OP
FLSharkvictim

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some more LPS / Soft AND SPS Corals I have had in my display!
LPS ACAN

LPS - Lord Acan
ACAN.JPG

Psammocora - Mean Green Psammocora
DSC01036.JPG

Down shot of my Bali Green Slimer Acropora
aCROsILIMER.JPG

Octo & Frogspawn FRAGS
Octo & Frogspawn.JPG

Soft Coral Mushroom
Toadstool.JPG

DSC01083.JPG

DSC01019.JPG

DSC01110.JPG

OP
OP
FLSharkvictim

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my favorite pcs in my display without a doubt! My gorgeous Ultra Blue T. Max Clam that I was able to get one from Reef A Palooza in 2017 . There were only 12 specimens that were imported from Tahiti and i was luck enough to get one from Scott and Dane at there @AquariumSpecialty booth.

DSC01119.JPG

DSC01047.JPG

DSC01048.JPG

DSC01162.JPG

DSC01148.JPG

OP
OP
FLSharkvictim

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my Spongodes Bonsai Tree thats been growing now for over 8 months. I glued 4 frags to this Bonsai Tree that I had #Aquarocks build me, actually it was my first pcs that he build for me. My plan is to totally grow it out and place it in the corner of my 150.

Spongodes Montipora
Spongodes Montipora Bonsia Coral.JPG

old tank shot.jpg

Spongodes MontiporaJPG.JPG

spsBonsais3.JPG

This when i glued 3 Spongodes Montipora frags
DSC01175.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
FLSharkvictim

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, reefers, I SOLD my currently Tank, Stand and my Canopy to one of the members on here this weekend. The gentlemen is coming to pick up the system this Sunday. (Finally)

Anyone
interested in a Custom Sump with a Tribal shark that has been engraved specs being the following 35''x15''x15'', PM me? It's was made by a company down south called Illusions and it's only 11 months old w/ ZERO leaks or cracks and in superb condition.

ALSO, i HAVE around 60lbs worth of Ultra Fiji live rock and about 30 pounds of the Old School Tonga Branch that you can no longer get. It's all in my Brute can with a power-head. I bought all the live rock in the early 2000's when i worked at my LFS. As we all know that Tonga in 2004 put a ban on any exporting of any there live rock to the United states! Like I mentioned above, I have all different kinds of shapes and sizes available in Ultra Premium Fiji or Tonga Branch! If you're interested in any of the pre cured live rock that's covered in Coraline algae, PM me please b/c it;xs going fast and can be shipped if you cant pick it up.. The SUMP IS FOR PICK UP ONLY...

Read banned export here:

https://reefbuilders.com/2008/09/24/supplies-of-tonga-live-rock-dwindle-following-the-ban/

Custom Sump
My custom 34 sump.jpeg

Old School Tonga Branch
Tonga#6.JPG

My sump hard plumbed
Installed sump & pump, skimmer.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
FLSharkvictim

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Getting closer to breaking down my 120: Today, i sold my Powder Blue Tang, Reef Raft Wolverine, Rainbow Tenuis SPS Acropora coral. All I have basically left is a few fish and some corals.

Coral:
1- Unknown SPS Tenuis small colony
2 - Bali Green Slimer Acropora's XL SPS
6 - Spongodes Montipora 2-3'' frags SPS
1- LPS -Hammer XL Colony

Inverts and Fish:
1 - Banded Cleaner Shrimp (Stenopus hispidus) / Adult:

1- Purpleback Pseudochromis: 3-4''
1- Blue Green Reef Chromis (Chromis viridis) Adult
2 - Pajama Cardinalfish (Sphaeramia nematoptera) Adult

Live Rock fully Cured:
Ultra Fiji Premium Live Rock thats covered in Coraline Algae 50 pounds in all different shapes and sizes
Tonga Branch Old School Live rock which you can no longer get! I have around 30 lbs and one massive 15lb show pcs

PM, ME in interested in anything:

DSC01397.JPG

DSC01392.JPG

DSC01391.JPG

DSC01390.JPG

DSC01388.JPG

Unknowed Acro .JPG

Center Show Pcs.JPG

Frag Sponge SPS.jpg

Tonga.JPG

Ultra Fiji.JPG

Ultra Fiji1.JPG

Mystical_Knight

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey shark enjoying the thread and looking forward to seeing the new tank. Question, do you keep your water change stuff in the garage? I have been wanting to set back up a wc station but I get nervous because my garage is always so hot (fist tank since I moved from New York)

OP
OP
FLSharkvictim

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After a little over 10 years guys and gals it was time to break down my 120 reef ready system and move on up! My system has been up and running since 2004. Its has survived a min of 3 or 4 hurricanes down here in FL!
Here are a few pictures of me draining it, what a nightmare that was and getting it out of my house.

120break down #3.JPG 120 break down#3.JPG
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For my next Build , I will be running a Rimless SCA 150 that includes a 20'' Synergy OverFlow box which means I will be running 3 1.5inch drains into my new Synergy CL-44 Sump (Black & Red Mercury) that I will be ordering in the next month or so. I will be starting a new build thread on my new SCA 150 system from start to finish! I took pictures of all my new gear, like my new Reef Octo Varius4 pump for my saltwater mixing station, My RODI 6 stage w/ dual membrane on there with a booster pump above the mixing station that was all documented. Ones I get my sump ordered from Synergy and my Klir Filter system from @Bulk Reef Supply and another @Ecotech M1 return pump, I should be good to go... I am going to be running 2 Ecotech M1 return pumps for each 1'' return for my system. I going to be floating my canopy and have 3 AI Hydra HD LED's for my lighting.... Instead of floating my 3 Aqua Illumination light fixtures, I found these amazing brackets that a company from Australia makes. The are the D&D slimline bracket arms and there are specifically made for the Hydra 52 HD and 2 of my Hydra 26 hd's that will be running my system. The look way tighter then any HMS arms or brackets, etc etc... The only way I can get them is through a Canadian supplier which can get these D&D slimline bracket arms for $89.00ea, see the last attachment. The make them in 3 sizes.

DD bracket black 52x600_0.png

As far as my power heads I was thinking about switching over to these Pumps instead of going with a Pair of TUNZE Turbelle Stream 6105 controllable ( 700 to 3400 gph) which you see below: FYI- I have always ran TUNZE in the past...

TUNZE Turbelle Stream 6105
Screen Shot 2018-11-26 at 6.04.25 AM.png

Or i may go with a pair of the new Aqua Illumination Nero5 (3000 gph) pucks!
If anyone has these Nero5's, and have been running them for any extended period of time, let me know your thoughts on how you like them!

AI Nero5 PUMP
nero-5-review-aqua-illumination-5-770x479.jpg

Or go with a Pair of EcoTech MP40WQD / QuiteDrive Pumps.

Ecptech MP40WQD
Screen Shot 2018-11-26 at 7.09.11 AM.png

What are your thoughts and opinions on what power heads i should go with for my SCA 150 build??

Custom rimless SCA 150.jpg

Last edited:

Land Shark

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats on your new build. That’s a really nice selection on all components.

As far as pump suggestions go, I can tell you that I got away from Tunze and tried maxspect, only to go back to the Tunze and 6105s in particular. You can’t beat 6105s for quietness, reliability and flow. Their 3400 GPH rating is conservative to the point that I don’t even run them at close to full power and my 109g tank is bare bottom.

I’ve heard those MP quiet drives and imo, they aren’t nearly as quiet. Likely due to the design having a motor placed outside the tank. That said, people will comment and like what they own in general, as I have. Good luck!

bobbyM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My mp40 and mp10 are quiet. You have to get them lined up properly. Sometimes they get out of alignment but are easy to realign.

If you get AI lights go with the Nero
Radions go with vortech pumps. IMO

Janci

Staghorns will prevail
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is an awesome upgrade.
I will follow the new thread for sure!

OP
OP
FLSharkvictim

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally guys i am getting all my ducks in a row, and will be starting my new SCA Rimless 150 build THREAD. I am just missing my sump that i am ordering from Synergy at the end of December and my new EcoTech L1 MAIN ETURN PUMP.
Plus, i will be running two Aqua Illumination Nero5 (3000 gph) pucks for EACH SIDE OF THE 5FT TANK and two 6055 Nanostreams towards the buttom of the tank so I will not have any dead spots.
Stay tuned Reefs, my dream tank is coming along very nice!

AI Nero5 PUMP
nero-5-review-aqua-illumination-5-770x479-jpg.899775

Janci

Staghorns will prevail
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great news.
We will wait. We are patient.
We are reefers....

Mikefdny

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey brother which lighting mount kits did you go with? The single arms mounting kits are giving me a little bit of trouble due to the fact that I have a rim on my tank.... I’ll figure it out I’m sure just curious what worked for you-

OP
OP
FLSharkvictim

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi @Mikefdny - I haven't decided yet on how I am going to be installing my 3 Hydra HDs! I am going to be floating my canopy since I have a rimless tank so I might just custom build something inside of the canopy, still debating! I know for a fact that I will not be using the HMS Single Arms, or any of there rail mounts since they are not made the best in my opinion. I was going to go with the D&D Slimline Brackets but after thinking about it on how I am going to be placing my lights on my tank. I want my Hydra HD 52 be installed in the middle of my 150 and I don't think I am going to have enough room due to my 20'' Synergy Overflow box, see below:
Do you think there is enough room for the center bracket b/c to me it does not look like it will clamp on to my tank???

ExtBox.jpeg

d-d slimeline bracks 60.png

Or may go with the Aquatech Hybrid set up so then I CAN adjust the Hydras anyway i want to. 61''
Hybrid-T5-Light-61-Inch-Fixture-with-LED-Mounting-System-Aquatic-Life-99.jpg

Make sure you stay connected for my latest new SCA 150 Rimless tank build.

Last edited:

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back