OP
FLSharkvictim

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, I hope all is well. Is your tank wet yet?
@Ecvernon - LOL, Not yet mate! I got injured at work and had to take a break so I had to put my SCA 150 build on hold! In the mean time I have gotten all of my gear that I wanted to run my system! I am feeling much better, so as soon as this COVID19 Virus passes which it will, i will be ramping up to get my this system up and running ones in for all!

Keiki

AKA LACY ON RC
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry about your injury. Hopefully you will be better in no time. You have changed your mind on a lot of things (not a bad thing) so are you still going to do your rock work the same? I want to redo mine and I also have some of the branching tonga, but can't really picture it in my mind very well. Looking forward to seeing how your comes out.

RickG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
awesome build! Hope to upgrade to a sca 150 soon. Can't wait to see more progress on your build

OP
OP
FLSharkvictim

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
cant wait
Thanks, brother!! I got side tracked and could not make time for my tank so I had put it off and I am finally back...
I am going to be hard plumbing my system in the next few weeks and I mean finally get some water in it and kick on my brand new Orphek Atlantik Compact V4 (Gen 2) led light fixtures with the mounting brackets and start acclimating them!!

OP
OP
FLSharkvictim

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
150 REEF TANK UPDATE
Plumbing will start hopefully next weekend!! Just missing a few fitting and some extra pieces that i NEED to get from #BRS!! More updates coming soon :)

thenissantech

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just read through the whole thread. I really like the setup (I'm setting up almost the exact same thing). I really like the attention to detail. Also, your story about the shark attack is crazy! You see, I grew up fishing at Sebastian on the pier. When ever the mullet are running, we would see tons of black tips zipping through the mullet. just feet away were all the surfers doing their thing. Glad you were ok!

OP
OP
FLSharkvictim

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just read through the whole thread. I really like the setup (I'm setting up almost the exact same thing). I really like the attention to detail. Also, your story about the shark attack is crazy! You see, I grew up fishing at Sebastian on the pier. When ever the mullet are running, we would see tons of black tips zipping through the mullet. just feet away were all the surfers doing their thing. Glad you were ok!
Thanks brother for following along, it's much appreciated!! It was a close call since the Black tip got me pretty good..

Anyways, I took about a 3 year break after tearing down my blood sweet and tears - my 120 mixed reef down due to me wanting a bigger tank!! I had my 120 deep running for over 10 years! Everything was starting to blow up!! Anyways, I sold off everything and bought the SCA 150.. I have all of the equipment except for my 2 Neptune DOS's for my water changes that gets connected to my 50 gallon saltwater mixing station so everything will be totally automated!

old 120 mixed ref.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
FLSharkvictim

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is an awesome build thread and you can tell you've put a lot of thought into everything. I especially like the pic of you with disgust about your sump being dropped in transit. It's all part of the game. It looks like you are just about ready to go with water in the tank. Do you think that will happen in the next week or so?
I am back and should have this beast all hard plumbed by the end of the month.

OP
OP
FLSharkvictim

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, let's get the show on the road!! Today, i am starting the process of re-curing all of my old school Live rock that I saved from 16 years ago when I worked at a saltwater fish store!! :D:D

In the back row is all Ultra Fiji and in the 2nd row is Tonga Branch and then in the front row is some priceless pieces of Marshall Island live rock which is very difficult to find these days! More updates coming soon :D #Reefers
My Live rock.jpeg

OP
OP
FLSharkvictim

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Plumbing UPDATE!!
I took inventory on my Sch 80 plumbing parts, my 45's, 90's, Spears Gate valves and mt Cepex Ball Valves. I just need a few more unions and a few more fittings and then the Hard plumbing will be ready to go in the next few weeks..
Plumning parts.jpeg

OP
OP
FLSharkvictim

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is super cool you had that tank setup for 10 years!

Are you able to pay for everything with all the money you made from selling your 1
I already bought my tank before I tore the 120 down but yes it helped me pay for some of the new equipment, MP40QWD's & my TUNZE pumps, and my Reef Octo Regal Protein skimmer, and a few other things..
See I got burned out for 3 years and I AM back to finish this build :):)

James_O

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I already bought my tank before I tore the 120 down but yes it helped me pay for some of the new equipment, MP40QWD's & my TUNZE pumps, and my Reef Octo Regal Protein skimmer, and a few other things..
See I got burned out for 3 years and I AM back to finish this build :):)
That’s good!

AM back to finish this build :):)
Great er’ done! ;Punch

OP
OP
FLSharkvictim

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will be doing 10 Episodes on this build so I wanted to start fresh so I created a NEW Youtube Channel.
MAKE SURE YOU SUBSCRIBE so you can stay connected!!

Here is Episode 1!!
In this Episode, I will be going over recurring old live rock and how my mixing station is going to work with
my APEX DOS and how i am going to integrate it with my ApexEL controller..

Last edited:
OP
OP
FLSharkvictim

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up a new Avast Diaphragm pump that has the Neptune plug so I can transfer water from my 50 gallon saltwater mixing station to my 10 gallon ato container which sits under my 150. When my low sensors triggers it will turn on my Marine Avast Diaphragm pump on and then when it triggers the high sensor it will shut off the pump ones I have it all connected to my Apex controller.

1619523627076.png

Last edited:

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 70 41.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back