Fluconazole and bryopsis

Rocco89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys I have some bryopsis and I just got these fluconazole tablets from the doctor they are 200g per capsule and was wondering what’s the dosage? Thank you in advanced.

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys I have some bryopsis and I just got these fluconazole tablets from the doctor they are 200g per capsule and was wondering what’s the dosage? Thank you in advanced.

Your capsules are same dosage as Reef Flux, which has directions:
Turn off skimmer for 3 days
GFO is safe, but remove activated carbon
Empty 1 capsule for every 10 gallons (ex 10 capsules treat 100 gallons regardless of rock volume) into a glass, stir, then add to high flow area of sump
After 3 weeks, perform minimum 30% water change
Filter socks can be used during treatment
Dosage can be doubled for faster results

NOTE: I probably doubled dose and nearly lost my yellow tang. Everything else came thru. Yellow tang got to go 'vacation' in my 5 gallon fish QT which had been repurposed at the time for growing tang macroalgae snacks - probably was like a deluxe vacation for my yellow LOL

OP
OP
Rocco89

Rocco89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your capsules are same dosage as Reef Flux, which has directions:
Turn off skimmer for 3 days
GFO is safe, but remove activated carbon
Empty 1 capsule for every 10 gallons (ex 10 capsules treat 100 gallons regardless of rock volume) into a glass, stir, then add to high flow area of sump
After 3 weeks, perform minimum 30% water change
Filter socks can be used during treatment
Dosage can be doubled for faster results

NOTE: I probably doubled dose and nearly lost my yellow tang. Everything else came thru. Yellow tang got to go 'vacation' in my 5 gallon fish QT which had been repurposed at the time for growing tang macroalgae snacks - probably was like a deluxe vacation for my yellow LOL
Thank you so much.. I will probably under dose as iv used it years ago and nearly wiped out all my acros .. this tank is also sps dominant. I just forgot the dosage thank you for clearing it up

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you so much.. I will probably under dose as iv used it years ago and nearly wiped out all my acros .. this tank is also sps dominant. I just forgot the dosage thank you for clearing it up

keep in mind when 'under dosing' to go longer - you don't want to develop immunity to anti-fungal medication. If it gets immunity, then it will be harder to treat if it comes back.

Yes, I kept that bottle around even though empty because it just seemed like good (and detailed) info. Glad it was useful!!

Good luck to you!

EZKLR

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
think i saw video from bulk reef where they sprayed it with hydrogen peroxide and it was gone in a day

OP
OP
Rocco89

Rocco89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
keep in mind when 'under dosing' to go longer - you don't want to develop immunity to anti-fungal medication. If it gets immunity, then it will be harder to treat if it comes back.

Yes, I kept that bottle around even though empty because it just seemed like good (and detailed) info. Glad it was useful!!

Good luck to you!
Thank you sir!

OP
OP
Rocco89

Rocco89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
think i saw video from bulk reef where they sprayed it with hydrogen peroxide and it was gone in a day
I tried that but my acros didn’t like it and stop consuming alk and I was to slow to react and the jump in alk cause some to stn.

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you sir!
... actually... female LOL ...

and, didn't like "madame" for it's saloon implications, so did google search on "female equivalent of sir"... and while all educational, I'll just stick with "Lisa" ROFL

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 86.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back