Fluconazole (to treat bryopsis) safe for use with frogfish?

Tmm87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have some Reef Flux on the way to help clear up the bryopsis that has taken over the 10g tank. Before I dose it I want to make sure there will be no I'll effects for the frogfish. I've read through the thread on here about the treatment plan which says it's completely reef safe but just want to be sure. I'd rather temporarily move him to my other tank in a breeder box while I treat the 10 than risk his health.

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let us know if it all goes well, I've kept frogfish and personally wouldn't do it. They really aren't like other fish, I've never seen them survive a dosage of any type of medication.

OP
OP
Tmm87

Tmm87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let us know if it all goes well, I've kept frogfish and personally wouldn't do it. They really aren't like other fish, I've never seen them survive a dosage of any type of medication.

So far so good. No ill effects seen as of yet and he seems perfectly normal. He was fishing last night and actively hunting. He's due for a meal soon, he last ate in Tuesday.

Averhoeven

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For reference, I've done a 3 week course at the standard dosing without an issue as well. Mine has also been through prophylactic metro and Prazi without a problem too. So they can take meds

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For reference, I've done a 3 week course at the standard dosing without an issue as well. Mine has also been through prophylactic metro and Prazi without a problem too. So they can take meds

How long have had him, lets us know how he is doing in a year.

Frogfish/anglers are just another one of those creatures that just do not live long in captivity. Very few have any real long term success(I wouldn't even call 3 years success). Most I've seen barely last a few months, and I've seen dozens. There are many factors that likely cause their quick demise so meds can't always be the blame. But the ones that I have seen last more than a year received no type of medication.

Last edited:

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 19.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back