Fluconazole?

Lance A. Lot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do any of you have a good link to proper dosage and procedure of fluconazole for getting rid of nuisance algae? Have any of you used fluconazole to get rid of a few trouble patches? I see mixed reviews but have heard good things from some professionals. I wanted to try it in my system to get rid of the small patches some fish can't get to. I'm not experienced with any commercial or home remedy versions of a fluconazole treatment program.

Ultraman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve treated several times with it for bryopsis. I dose per the instructions on the bottle. ReefHD reef flux

mdb_talon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have used FluxRX using dosage on the bottle successfully. Worked great for bryopsis and very quick in my case. Hair algae it seemed to work also but had very little so not sure. Did nothing at all to a couple spots of bubble algae i had.

Even though it worked without issues i have not been brave enough to use it in my main system yet.

OP
OP
Lance A. Lot

Lance A. Lot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reef Beef just did a great/very informative video on fluconazole, worth a watch if you're interested.

yeah I'm a beefer.
I'm only on episode 43 though.
I have listened to their previous episodes about fluconazole and that is what got me interested in the first place.

Reefster78

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reef Flux and regular Fluconazole from drug store are the same i believe? and requires same dosage? thank you

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 43.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 24 30.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back