Fluidized Media Reactor

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

AVAST Marine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So not one has tried this.. Does AVAST have any thoughts before I look else were?
My thought is a MR16 will hold a LOT of the co2 media. I have definitely seen customers use the smaller MR series reactors as co2 scrubbers. The fittings are 1/2" NPT threaded at the top so swapping out one fitting with something more appropriate for your skimmer intake is as simple as a trip to local hardware store. We may even have correct fitting on shelf. Just shoot us an email and we are happy to help. I didn't answer at first because you asked the community :)

To the root of the problem though, a kalk stirrer will blow excess co2 out of tank and is my preferred method for handling the issue. It is also more cost effective in the long run.

OP
OP
Dal-Reef

Dal-Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My thought is a MR16 will hold a LOT of the co2 media. I have definitely seen customers use the smaller MR series reactors as co2 scrubbers. The fittings are 1/2" NPT threaded at the top so swapping out one fitting with something more appropriate for your skimmer intake is as simple as a trip to local hardware store. We may even have correct fitting on shelf. Just shoot us an email and we are happy to help. I didn't answer at first because you asked the community :)

To the root of the problem though, a kalk stirrer will blow excess co2 out of tank and is my preferred method for handling the issue. It is also more cost effective in the long run.
Thanks for the response.. Much appreciated. Let me think through it some and may reach out to you guys. I can get 5 gallons of co2 media pretty cheap online so the cost it not bad its just have to replace it often the reason for looking for a bigger scrubber. I do love you stuff :)

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 14 77.8%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 11.1%
Back