Fluke solve dosage question

Jeezy85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

could anyone please explain to me how to dose flukesolve to a 52ltr qt tank?

instructions say 1g per 250 litres.... I’m worried about over dosing and killing the fishes...

secondly is it safe to dose this with cupramine In the tank?

thanks in advance

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Dosage would be 208mg for your 52ltr tank.

I am not familiar with Flukesolve, but upon researching, it is a praziquantel based product. I use powder praziquantel with chelated copper (Copper Power) frequently without issue. I have never actually used it in conjunction with ionic copper like cupramine, the main thing is it can cause a bacterial bloom.

I also don't know what they cut the flukesolve with as on their website it says that 2g of Flukesolve are equivalent to 1g of pure praziquantel which means they have additives that make up 50% of the compound.

How long have the fish been in therapeutic copper? Could you do FW dips on them to provide temporary relief and wait to dose flukesolve until you are through with the copper treatment?

Amboss72

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As per my experience, follow what Hotrocks has suggested. Continue with the copper treatment but do freshwater dips to take care of the flukes. A 5 to 10 min freshwater dip should do. If necessary you can add you can add formalin or formalin/malachite green to the dip at a concentration between 100-150mg/L (8-12drops per net gallon), the flukes will fall off the fish in short order. Add an air stone to the dip container and as I’m sure you’re aware terminate the dip at the first sign of stress to the fish. These baths can be administered on a daily basis if necessary.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 33.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 13 16.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back