Flukes? Ich? What is it??

Edo Cohen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Guys -

My butterfly starting getting these white things on his tail, fins. I have a Fresh water bath but didn’t seem to help. In fact, seemed to get more opaque after the the bath - is this ich? Flukes? Any help would be great. Random FYI - I’m feeding a fw clam in the video...

8EC1CFC5-FEF8-41D5-BF3F-DA45E104F1C6.jpeg

Attachments

• 894E7C08-8925-4BEC-80B8-009B354E7343.MOV
    18.6 MB

reef lover

It's a reef thing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I lean towards lymphoma. Flukes would have shown in the dip. And looks too massed together for ich or velvet.

#reefsquad

SeaJay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently had a foxface with lymphoma similar to this. It came up in quarantine. Once I learned it was viral and not a threat to my tank I went ahead and finished up qt and put him in the display. Once in the display it cleared up in a couple weeks.

I’m no expert, but I’m inclined to agree with the posts above. Doesn’t look to be parasitic. Hanging off the edges of the fins like that seems to be typical of lymphoma.

Good water quality and good food is about all you can do.

OP
OP
Edo Cohen

Edo Cohen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
QUOTE="SeaJay, post: 6290971, member: 106486"]
I recently had a foxface with lymphoma similar to this. It came up in quarantine. Once I learned it was viral and not a threat to my tank I went ahead and finished up qt and put him in the display. Once in the display it cleared up in a couple weeks.

I’m no expert, but I’m inclined to agree with the posts above. Doesn’t look to be parasitic. Hanging off the edges of the fins like that seems to be typical of lymphoma.

[/QUOTE]

Thank you guys! Really appreciate the responses.

rkpetersen

walked the sand with the crustaceans
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lymphoma, lol! Does the fish have cancer? :D Lymphoma is a type of cancer.

Lymphocystis, a viral infection.

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We all knew what they meant! .
Anyway, has anyone tried the University of Florida treatment...
Herpes drug acyclovirat the rate of 200 mg per 10 US gallons for 2 days. Supposedly this virus like herpes is life long and only gets suppressed.

Think this is it on a scribble?

59E77192-736C-47E6-8924-3C44E157171C.jpeg A46098E6-9C9A-43CD-AF1A-0F9D91D7BBE6.jpeg

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 142 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back