OP
flyfisher2

flyfisher2

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These pics and videos were just taken moments ago. Fish are eating well and active. Should I do the third Prazipro treatment, raise salinity, transfer to Copper?

OP
OP
flyfisher2

flyfisher2

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
okay so i took the sailfin and the 6 line wrasse which were in the Velvet tank and transferred them to a tank with Coppersafe. So hard to read the color using API test. Based on volume the tank calls for 1 teasppon per 4 gallons so a total of 10. I've dosed 6 thus far. and getting a reading of what appears to be between 1 and 2.

OP
OP
flyfisher2

flyfisher2

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Final treatment of Prazipro (third) coming up on Tuesday after 10 days.
Lost the Lamarck in this tank and a sixline wrasse yesterday.
Fish are still itchy but eating well and active
I asked previously if this could be Velvet in a ‘semi dormant’ stage due to the low salinity but haven’t received a response.
Let’s see what happens

Attachments

• IMG_1668.MOV
    30.1 MB
OP
OP
flyfisher2

flyfisher2

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jay Hemdal I'd really like your opinion on the likelyhood of Velvet resulting from this mysterious itching after a month of hypo salinity. As I mentioned, I'm doing the third treatment of Prazi tomorrow. The fish appear okay except for the occasional rubbing as shown in video taken today.

Thanks for your time

OP
OP
flyfisher2

flyfisher2

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm totally stumped on this one. After three treatments with Prazi and having lost the Lamarch and a sixline wrasse I'm now seeing the Powder Brown scratching his gills against tank bottom again. He's eating very well and active. The CBB, Scopas and the Coral Beauty all appear unaffected at this point. Should I be thinking another disease? Keep in mind I have a 40 breeder set up with copper with a sailfin and another 6 line and lawn mower after losing a couple fish overnight to what I'm pretty sure was velvet and that tank was in the same room when the out break occured about three weeks ago. I'm still raising salinity and it's at 1.015 as of last night in the display tank.
Could really use some recommendations.

OP
OP
flyfisher2

flyfisher2

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay , I guess I’ve been banned. LOL
In any case I took a drastic decision.
I removed all fish from the 150 and put them in quarantine 40 breeder with Copper Safe
Let’s see what happens
I got tired of the scraping which has been going on for two months.
The Sailfin which was already in there for flukes for the last three weeks decided to have at it with all the new additions so I put him alone in a 10 gallon I use for ATO.
All the others are at 1.74 with CopperSafe
Tomorrow I’ll share what ever happens.

Back