Flukes?

reefndude

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone help me identify what is on this tang? Tia.
received_942395976147693.jpeg
received_942395976147693.jpeg
received_401664937424862.jpeg

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree, appears so. Best way to confirm is a freshwater dip and see if they fall off. They'll look like little sesame seeds on the bottom of the container.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will see if we can get the fish out. How do feel about treating the tank with prazi pro?
It'll work as long as you don't have any feather dusters or tube worms that you want to keep. It'll wipe out bristleworms as well. And deplete the O2 content, so you'll want to run more powerheads or a air pump. But i've never been a fan of treating in the display tank.

OP
OP
reefndude

reefndude

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It'll work as long as you don't have any feather dusters or tube worms that you want to keep. It'll wipe out bristleworms as well. And deplete the O2 content, so you'll want to run more powerheads or a air pump. But i've never been a fan of treating in the display tank.
I'm not either. Owner of fish is going to try and trap the fish. Only fish in the tank that is showing symptoms as of now

dwest

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not either. Owner of fish is going to try and trap the fish. Only fish in the tank that is showing symptoms as of now
I have been keeping reef tanks for over 20 years now. FWIW, prazipro is the only medicine I have ever dosed in my tank. I followed advice from the main prazi thread and I never had any issues. I have lots of small feather dusters. The only thing I noticed was my phosphates dropped a bunch. I believe the binders in prazipro are a carbon source.

OP
OP
reefndude

reefndude

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been keeping reef tanks for over 20 years now. FWIW, prazipro is the only medicine I have ever dosed in my tank. I followed advice from the main prazi thread and I never had any issues. I have lots of small feather dusters. The only thing I noticed was my phosphates dropped a bunch. I believe the binders in prazipro are a carbon source.
Tank is now under treatment.

Jeff Jarry reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes already did second dose. It's a buddies tank and I will ask if his tang is looking better
Yes I have done two doses and it seems to be not really much better far as looks. Fish trap will be here today I ordered it a week and half ago from marine Depot they dropped the ball on order. Anyway Tang still seems healthy eats like a pig swims good all other fish are in great shape far as I can tell no sign of spots on them.

dwest

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmm. I would expect the tang to look better.im wondering if these are prazi resistant. @HotRocks does the original pic look like flukes to you?

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 22 33.3%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 17 25.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 9.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 7.6%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.5%
Back