Flukes?

Ruzoko

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My fox been in quarantine for bout a week and a day ago this popped up on his side. Area is swollen but fox is eating normally, jic i did get prazipro coming tomorrow since no local stores for saltwater supplies. Eye is fine btw pic jus oddly blurred it lol

20210922_135128.jpg

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The pic, honestly - is hard to see/say anything about - is there more information - any other fish, etc? Any other symptoms? To me that looks like an injury - not a fluke - and IMHO - I would not treat with prazipro - if anything it looks like a bacteria

OP
OP
Ruzoko

Ruzoko

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The pic, honestly - is hard to see/say anything about - is there more information - any other fish, etc? Any other symptoms? To me that looks like an injury - not a fluke - and IMHO - I would not treat with prazipro - if anything it looks like a bacteria
Nadda, he had start of ich but shook it off. This originally was what looked like a scratch against a rock from where ever he came from. Ill try for better pics but he likes to dart and hide

OP
OP
Ruzoko

Ruzoko

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is another pic

Attachments

• 20210922_143416.jpg
    20210922_143416.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 35

vtecintegra

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks more like a bacterial infection. What do you mean shook off ich? Ich just doesn't disappear out of a tank on its own. Need a close up of the spot.

OP
OP
Ruzoko

Ruzoko

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks more like a bacterial infection. What do you mean shook off ich? Ich just doesn't disappear out of a tank on its own. Need a close up of the spot.
Been on TTM up til now for ich, as for that spot tryin for closeup but fox bein a pain

OP
OP
Ruzoko

Ruzoko

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is closeup

Attachments

• 20210922_162953_remastered.jpg
    20210922_162953_remastered.jpg
    174.2 KB · Views: 26

vtecintegra

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These things are always somewhat of a guess online, but it looks similar to a bacterial infection I had on a gramma and wrasse. Prazipro is not the answer for it. I failed at antibiotics when treating mine. Bacterial is tough.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And view from back
That isn't a fluke problem. During TTM, one issue is that fish need to be moved, and netting can increase stress and damage to the fish. Are there any other fish in with it?

If it continues to grow in size and spread, you may need to consider antibiotics. That might work well with TTM, since instead of changing the water, you'll just be moving the fish. If you do go that route, you'll want to pick a gram negative, broad spectrum antibiotic - Neoplex, Furan 2 perhaps.

Jay

OP
OP
Ruzoko

Ruzoko

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That isn't a fluke problem. During TTM, one issue is that fish need to be moved, and netting can increase stress and damage to the fish. Are there any other fish in with it?

If it continues to grow in size and spread, you may need to consider antibiotics. That might work well with TTM, since instead of changing the water, you'll just be moving the fish. If you do go that route, you'll want to pick a gram negative, broad spectrum antibiotic - Neoplex, Furan 2 perhaps.

Jay
Yeah hes alone, ill pickup an antibiotic tomorrow from petco since its closest thing within few hrs away. Thankfully he made it through ich just dealin with this now

OP
OP
Ruzoko

Ruzoko

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Jay
Think i should do kanaplex for internal + external?

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 34 29.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back