I have two clowns two cardinals
And a blenny
My setup is a fluval 13.5 with a air prime 16 - with diffuser
I have a upgraded return pump siccee
Auto top off hyger
jebao wavemaker
Skimmer fluval
And upgraded media basket
•I’m trying to keep acros now my tank is a year old it looks great chemistry is great fish look happy and my tank shows signs of maturity
any suggestions comments please let me know

CB3AEF33-697B-4C01-BBDB-CE53DAF260B9.jpeg 6063F3A9-E82E-4C10-978D-69AB7A554253.jpeg 7001B0FE-C4A3-44BD-9ECC-DEEA2E084C2F.jpeg C2B7ADB7-43D9-4504-8775-7472C2B2BA3E.jpeg 50E3C665-97BA-47FF-AEFA-9A6B9D772BAF.jpeg 9359E51F-811B-4CCF-8B92-F487F036383C.jpeg 0174E7DA-E24E-43EB-951F-79A1F0B3DE39.jpeg

fishski13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I think you overstocked just a bit. Usually in that size tank, two fish is the best and you could a third in if you have good nutrient levels.

The problem for you is if you want to do sps you are going to have to have slightly smaller number for nitrates compared to lps and softies however you are now going to have to feed more and that feeding will create larger nutrient levels.

OP
OP
j1992c58

j1992c58

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, you're overstocked. Join the club. :)
Thanks for the reply I appreciate it
My inhabitants look good though ?
well I guess no more corals or fish , looks like I’m going to have to upgrade my tank
I didn’t think I would make it a year into the hobby. Everyone told me to buy bigger because this will happen and look what happened. It did. Have a good night.

OP
OP
j1992c58

j1992c58

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No more corals….. there’s always room for more!!!
I had someone tell me I was hurting my tank by adding anything else smh ‍♂️
I would never hurt my animals I just love corals and fish .
if anything I would add more corals in the distant future ;no way any more fish
Thanks for making me feel a little better my friend

OP
OP
j1992c58

j1992c58

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I think you overstocked just a bit. Usually in that size tank, two fish is the best and you could a third in if you have good nutrient levels.

The problem for you is if you want to do sps you are going to have to have slightly smaller number for nitrates compared to lps and softies however you are now going to have to feed more and that feeding will create larger nutrient levels.
Thanks for the info
I will try and feed more ,I’ve seen good color and growth so far on my frags of acro
Thank again my friend I will keep this in mind

Hairyteeth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had someone tell me I was hurting my tank by adding anything else smh ‍♂️
I would never hurt my animals I just love corals and fish .
if anything I would add more corals in the distant future ;no way any more fish
Thanks for making me feel a little better my friend
Anytime….I think they were mostly referring to the fish be heavily stocked, if anything to watch out for will be the cardinals, two things could happen over time especially with some branching coral in the ,

First and mostly likely is the clowns harass them because they can be bullies and they may decide the whole tank is theirs

Second possibility is the tank eventually gets so grown out with coral that the cardinals don’t have much anywhere to swim….
But neither situation is happening right now, so no one needs to be rehomed and you will know when/if it’s time, until then
Happy reefing

OP
OP
j1992c58

j1992c58

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anytime….I think they were mostly referring to the fish be heavily stocked, if anything to watch out for will be the cardinals, two things could happen over time especially with some branching coral in the ,

First and mostly likely is the clowns harass them because they can be bullies and they may decide the whole tank is theirs

Second possibility is the tank eventually gets so grown out with coral that the cardinals don’t have much anywhere to swim….
But neither situation is happening right now, so no one needs to be rehomed and you will know when/if it’s time, until then
Happy reefing
Thanks for the info I will keep in mind my friend

davidcalgary29

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the reply I appreciate it
My inhabitants look good though ?
well I guess no more corals or fish , looks like I’m going to have to upgrade my tank
I didn’t think I would make it a year into the hobby. Everyone told me to buy bigger because this will happen and look what happened. It did. Have a good night.
It looks like you're doing a great job with your tank. :)

Danny G

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes a bit overstocked. I was in the same boat which caused me to upgrade. I still have my nano running but I limit it to 2-3 fish. This might be terrible to say but I always try to get the smallest fish I can find and let them mature. Once they outgrow the tank I either move them to my bigger tank or trade at LFS for another baby. Keeps me happy having 2-3 varieties of fish while making the store happy for an adult. The only fish that I have not been forced to swap is my original clown. Never be able to let him go! Your tank does look happy!

OP
OP
j1992c58

j1992c58

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes a bit overstocked. I was in the same boat which caused me to upgrade. I still have my nano running but I limit it to 2-3 fish. This might be terrible to say but I always try to get the smallest fish I can find and let them mature. Once they outgrow the tank I either move them to my bigger tank or trade at LFS for another baby. Keeps me happy having 2-3 varieties of fish while making the store happy for an adult. The only fish that I have not been forced to swap is my original clown. Never be able to let him go! Your tank does look happy!
Thanks for the reply my friend I will keep what you have told me in mind
I’m probably gonna trade out the fish forsure for some babies it’s crazy how fast they can grow in just one year

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 130 59.4%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 64 29.2%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 78 35.6%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 39 17.8%
  • Other

Votes: 63 28.8%
Back