Fluval 32.5 (Aquasky + Marine 3.0) lighting issues questions

Cantusaurus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, I have a Fluval flex 32.5, and it’s been up for 1.5 years. I got it with the Fluval aquasky, which is decent, but I got the Fluval Marine 3.0 during the summer to improve the lighting. Lighting is much better, but the aquasky is emitting like 25 percent of the brightness :/ like it is REALLY DIM now, especially the blue so it really ain’t putting much work. Is there any other lighting alternatives to put under the hood without buying ANOTHER Fluval Marine (I don’t really wanna spend another $160). I would love replace the aqua sky with an AliE Express bar under there since it’s cheap and powerful, but I’m worried about the heat and I’ll have to diy a solution to make it fit on the hood. It’s rated Ip65 waterproof but idk if being under a hood will affect that :/
Also the cheaper 80ish dollar reefbrites stood out, but nothing is listed on if they are waterproof or not.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure I follow. You bought the Flex with an Aquasky, added the Marine - or replaced the Aquasky with the Marine...? And what's "really" dim now - the Aquasky or Marine?

OP
OP
Cantusaurus

Cantusaurus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure I follow. You bought the Flex with an Aquasky, added the Marine - or replaced the Aquasky with the Marine...? And what's "really" dim now - the Aquasky or Marine?
I bought the Flex with the Aquasky, and added the Marine additionally. The aquasky is really dim. (So I have both on the tank).

OP
OP
Cantusaurus

Cantusaurus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I guess the one light is enough. I'm just wondering if it'll be better with another additional light in regards to coral color. I have just noticed the tank lighting just isn't the same or as bright as it was since the Aquasky is barely doing much.
I have a mixed reef.
I have some "easier" SPS
- Pocci, Stylo, Birdsnest, and Green/Red Monti Caps
They're doing fine and growing surprisingly.

I may just end up getting a new aquasky or something since I do not think other lights will do well in regards to all the water moisture.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 14 51.9%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • None.

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 7.4%
Back