Fluval 32 Flow question

ackermsb

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curious what others are experiencing here.

I upgraded to a Sicce 1.5 and added a eflux 1050 gph (which has two power heard)
My flow with the two power heads (even set to 1 or 2 out of 10) was too much.
I removed one power head and have the return pump and the one power head set to 1 out of 10 (~100 gph from power head)
I find the flow is still too much. It seems to just overwhelm the tank and im not sure my inhabitants like it.

Can anyone with a fluval 32 and a Sicce 1.5 return pump provide their setups for flow and if they even have power heads? The flow from that alone is pretty powerful for that tank and seems sufficient.

My corals are a few zoas, finger leather, mushrooms, duncan, goni

Thoughts???

Thanks!!!!

Bouncingsoul39

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i don’t have those tanks but try pointing the nozzle towards the top of the water surface to disburse the flow and create a gyre movement.
1000gph is just way too much. On that size tank with those corals i’d just run a 450gph one and point both towards the water surface to disburse the flow and get a nice gyre movement going.
Your upgraded return pump is pretty strong as is, but with just one jet of water your gonna have dead spots so it’s better to have two.

OP
OP
A

ackermsb

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The fluval has two return nozzles, one point in each direction in the tank which gives the entire tank decent flow. I have my pump point towards the surface set at about 100 gph.

I turn it on an off to give the tank mates a break. Not sure if that is good or not.

Appreciate the thoughts, just don't feel I have settled where I need to on flow and movement, even after 5 months.

i don’t have those tanks but try pointing the nozzle towards the top of the water surface to disburse the flow and create a gyre movement.
1000gph is just way too much. On that size tank with those corals i’d just run a 450gph one and point both towards the water surface to disburse the flow and get a nice gyre movement going.
Your upgraded return pump is pretty strong as is, but with just one jet of water your gonna have dead spots so it’s better to have two

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 32.8%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back