Fluval Chi Conversion

thedandandandy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have seen quite a few people tearing down Fluval Chis and building on top of the glass cube to convert it to a saltwater nano cube. But I can't for the life of me find a guide to follow to make this happen. Would it be easier to just make my own 5 gallon cube out of glass? Or should I try and figure out what to do with a Chi. I really really want my second tank to be a very small cube with a few corals, live rock, a couple plants and two clowns and that be it. Can anyone point me to a site that has instructions to rebuild a Chi?

Thanks,
Daniel

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Those little Chi tanks are cool but I am not sure of the info you are looking for. Sorry.

sprinklerdudes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two jbj bio cubes, picked them up used, one for 40 bucks the 29 for 100 bucks, add sand, live rock fish, plug in and enjoy
I have looked at the chi's by fluval, just didn't see the quality in the one I looked at, time I added a light etc, it would have
cost more than what I got the other for, just my 2 cents

sprinklerdudes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thought about that for a few minutes, sorry was not trying to rain on anyones parade,
I guess what I was trying to say was that I do like the look of the fluval chi, the only one
I have seen was at a pet smart, and it just really wasn't put togetherweel, as in it had a
plastic plant, some neon gravel, and a betta fish sitting on the bottom, and a small led
light sitting on top , it just looked cheap the way it was set up, I think they are cool tanks
just the one I looked at , just looked like I would have to spend more time and money
to get the out of the box results you would get from either a jbj or a oceanic bio cube.
{does this make any cents?}

OP
OP
T

thedandandandy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks anyways rehv. And thanks Sprinkler. The ones I had seen online that had been switched to saltwater were literal teardowns. All the was left what the 5 gallon glass box. Then everything else (led lights, wave pump, filter etc), they added to the cube to make it saltwater compatible. That's what I was wanting to do. But if these jbj ones are good. I'll look at those. Not to sound like an idiot, but what is a jbj? With only the abbreviation, I'm not pulling anything on google. I'm even co sidering buying glass and just constructing my own 5 gallon nano cube. I just have really come to love the look and idea of a nano cube.

Aquatic acrobat in your aquarium: Have you ever kept an eel?

• I currently keep an eel in my tank.

Votes: 29 14.8%
  • I have kept an eel in my tank in the past.

Votes: 33 16.8%
  • I have not kept an eel in my tank, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 35 17.9%
  • I have no plans to keep an eel.

Votes: 96 49.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.5%
Back