Fluval Evo 13.5 stand

BRS

8675309TT

View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I was tight on space and looked high and low for a good size match for Fluval Evo 13.5. Just wanted to save others time if they are in the same boat. This worked very well as an Evo stand; nearly the same size so little extra wasted space.

IKEA Vikhammer nightstand

Maxout

NeonRabbit221B

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I used one of those 2x2 cube storage shelves. It has held up for the most part and is definitely secure/stable but I might design and build my own in the next few months. They fit well with those plastic storage bins to hold RODI and water for water changes.

RAP
OP

8675309TT

View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I was tight on space and looked high and low for a good size match for Fluval Evo 13.5. Just wanted to save others time if they are in the same boat. This worked very well as an Evo stand; nearly the same size so little extra wasted space.

IKEA Vikhammer nightstand

Have you noticed any issues with it considering the weight of the tank? I used a Brimnes cabinet and basically hollowed it out and reinforced with 2x4s.
Fair question, it's been 6 months and so far so good. It is slightly wobbly on carpet; it may not be good solution if there are toddlers in the house.

Aquarium Specialty - dry goods & marine livestock
BRS

Do you house a "Reef Safe" Angelfish in your reef tank?

• YES and it's going good

Votes: 10 32.3%
  • YES but it's not working out

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • NO I have tried it in the past and it didn't work out

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • NO I haven't tried yet

Votes: 16 51.6%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 2 6.5%
Champion