Fluval flex 15

Goldfish92

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there! I’m just getting back into reefing after an 8 year break, I currently have a fluval flex 15, for lighting I’m using stock + two additional 12” led bars, one blue and one blue red white mix. I’m wanting to keep sps,lps and a good bit of zoas. What light would be a good option that’s a bit lower budget? Also would a 2.5 gallon sump be a good idea to grow more chaeto? I have one of the back chambers filled with it and a light.

InvaderJim

Chillin
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
An AI Prime is likely your best bet and can grow pretty much anything. As long as you aren't trying high end acro's it should be more than sufficient. One chamber should be enough for chaeto to grow. What is your reasoning for wanting to grow more?

OP
OP
Goldfish92

Goldfish92

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
An AI Prime is likely your best bet and can grow pretty much anything. As long as you aren't trying high end acro's it should be more than sufficient. One chamber should be enough for chaeto to grow. What is your reasoning for wanting to grow more?
I’ve been told you need a lot of chaeto in order for it to provide any benefit. Is that correct?

OP
OP
Goldfish92

Goldfish92

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

InvaderJim

Chillin
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Goldfish92

Goldfish92

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't want to say yes or no because I don't know for sure. It depends on a lot. But acro's are usually considered high light and may need more par than one prime can provide.
Ah, I bought some more zoas and a monti from tidal gardens and also got a small drag of birds of paradise to see how that one does with the new light.

Back