Fluval Flex 32.5 build

Cacafria

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So basically I'm new to the reefing community. I started a fluval flex 32.5 build which I have transferred all my corals from a smaller build I had in a fluval spec 16 gallon, that's only been established for 6 months. Some where down the lines I couldn't maintain my water parameters stable and alot of people kept telling me such a small tank are complicated to maintain and it should be left for expert level reefing. Hearing this alot I upgrade to a some what bigger aquarium because I fell inlove with the hobby, so far my fluval flex 32.5 has this items running

1 fluval ps2 protein skimmer
2 Ecotech xr15 blue gen 5
2 Intank media baskets
1 Jebao scp 90
1 Eheim Jager 125w thermostat
1 Aquastore fountain pump 25w 400 gph

I'm looking into making it a SPS dominant reef tank. My question is do I have what it takes to make my tank to succeed? I'm open to suggestions and any knowledge will be taken in consideration. Thank you so much in advance.
20210530_180946.jpg

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like it will work.
You might have to do more water changes to keep up with water related issues.

OP
OP
C

Cacafria

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like it will work.
You might have to do more water changes to keep up with water related issues.
As of now I'm doing weekly water changes. Out of the 32 gallons I'm doing a 10 gallon water change. Should it be sufficient or should I consider more. Right now my water parmeters are doing just fine but don't want to risk and fluctuation due to my rookie skills in the hobby

Lsuhunter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
10 gallons a week is a lot in my opinion especially starting out. The tank probably has less than 30 gallons of actual water volume so you are changing 1/3 of it and stripping out all of the nutrients. I only do 5 gallons every other week and don't even have a skimmer. I am not trying an sps dominant system like you but your alk/cal/mag are probably not fluctuating that much right now due to low stocking.

I am curious to know how much evaporation you are getting with those lights and no lid.

SigmaVX

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 32 flex too and with rock it only holds about 25 gallons of water so about 4 gallons seems more spot on. I think half the battle is keeping heat in check on these and nutrients in line which will ease the need to do changes.

Bear Claw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 32 flex too and with rock it only holds about 25 gallons of water so about 4 gallons seems more spot on. I think half the battle is keeping heat in check on these and nutrients in line which will ease the need to do changes.
Yeah, me too. I do 5 gallon changes every 1 to 2 weeks.

KonradTO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also have the same tank as first experience with saltwater, really enjoying it. I do very little water changes now because I only have a Watchman goby +pistol pair. As now I do only 8 liters (2gallons) per week and I am struggling to keep nitrates detectable.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.5%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 31 16.9%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 33 18.0%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 79 43.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back