Fluval Flex 32.5 Gallon Aquascape

BTimms

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All!

I’m in the process of researching rock/aquascaping. I am considering doing a negative space aquascape due to lack of bottom real estate in the fluval flex 32.5. I plan on it being a mixed reef with very few fish.
I’ve been looking at different rock types, live, dry, even bbq lava rock? Any advice or ideas ?

My ultimate goal is health and sustainability of the system, while achieving a pleasant aesthetic.

DDenny

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stax is the rock that I am getting to put in my 5 gallon. I like that it's flat and you can literally make any arrangement for aquascaping.

DDenny

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
skip the rock and fabricate the scape using pvc and 2 part putty.
see my build thread for reference. :cool:

Interesting your build was back in 2018 so it must be reef safe. I might try this for my 5 gallon tank that I am building right now. wonder how much I would need. But for such a small tank it might be cheaper with the stax rock.

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting your build was back in 2018 so it must be reef safe. I might try this for my 5 gallon tank that I am building right now. wonder how much I would need. But for such a small tank it might be cheaper with the stax rock.
the product is listed as "aquarium safe" on the suppliers website. they claim in use by major zoo's and aquariums.
I have a friend who also did this and has been up and running for over a year with no issues.

unless you went totally crazy I think 2 Trial units ($38 each) and 2 1.5lb folding powders ($11 each) plus pvc.

if you decide to try it, and want tips/help feel free to msg me.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 57 55.9%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 31 30.4%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 8 7.8%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back